How open-minded are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How open-minded are you?

How open-minded would you say you are? Be honest.

I've made the poll multiple-choice because many of us are, for example, extremely open to new ideas in one category and not at all open to new ideas in another category. Or, maybe somebody wants to respond to the poll, but also wants to tell me to bugger off.
    I am an empty vessel waiting to be filled with any idea at all.
    2.32%
    I am extremely open to new ideas, but prefer them to be justified.
    5.41%
    I am extremely open to new ideas, but they must be justified.
    13.13%
    I am open to new ideas that are similar to what I already believe, and they needn't be justified.
    1.93%
    I am open to new ideas that are similar to what I already believe, but prefer them to be justified.
    7.34%
    I am open to new ideas that are similar to what I already believe, but they must be justified.
    6.95%
    I am not open to new ideas, but will patiently listen to other people's ideas so I can condescend to them.
    5.41%
    I am not open to new ideas, and will attack people with ideas I do not like.
    3.86%
    I am not open to new ideas, and live with a set of earplugs permanently installed.
    3.09%
    I am incapable of comprehending new ideas.
    3.09%
    I am incapable of comprehending any ideas.
    4.63%
    The options on your poll are too long, technophile, so bugger off.
    11.58%
    There are too many options on your poll, technophile, so bugger off.
    13.51%
    Banana.
    17.76%
    Last edited by loinburger; December 15, 2001, 16:13.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Open minded enough not to beleive in censorship.

Comment

I voted: I am not open to new ideas, and will attack people with ideas I do not like.

New ideas? How about Bad ideas. I am not open to bad ideas. Like Communism. And will attack these ideas unrelentlessly.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

It depends on the matter, generally speaking I am open to listen to and consider any idea. But I can be very stuborn about my core beliefs, however, but even in those cases I'll usually agree to disagree. (unless it's really out there)

I don't think any of those answers reflect my position very well, so I voted for you to bugger off.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
          I don't think any of those answers reflect my position very well, so I voted for you to bugger off.
          Hmm. So, if I had made even more poll options and made them even more complicated, the number of "bugger off" responses may have actually decreased. I shall have to keep this in mind when making future polls.

Comment

The troub;e with multi Polls is that it is far too tempting to avoid selecting EVERY option. :P~~~~~~~~~~~
            (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
              And will attack these ideas unrelentlessly.
              "Even if I have no proof to back it up, and will go so far as to make things up so it looks like I know what I'm talking about."
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous "Even if I have no proof to back it up, and will go so far as to make things up so it looks like I know what I'm talking about."
                Why does he need proof? He's right, after all...

Comment

This open-mindedness thing... nothing good can come out of it. Nothing. Won't even try it. Not gonna do it. Nope.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Re: How open-minded are you?

Originally posted by technophile
                    How open-minded would you say you are? Be honest.

I've made the poll multiple-choice because many of us are, for example, extremely open to new ideas in one category and not at all open to new ideas in another category. Or, maybe somebody wants to respond to the poll, but also wants to tell me to bugger off.
                    Admit it. You just wanted Banana to get 100% of the votes.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Re: Re: How open-minded are you?

Originally posted by Eli
                      Admit it. You just wanted Banana to get 100% of the votes.
                      Well, I figured that "banana" and "bugger off" would get a majority of votes...

I was tempted to add two more banana responses, though.

Comment

Originally posted by technophile

Why does he need proof? He's right, after all...
                        Damn straight!

Finally someone is seeing the light.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I am open to new ideas, even ones completey different from my present ideas, but they must be justified EXTREMELY well and made clear that they are right- such as when I changed my position on the drug war from "Execute Drug Dealers" to "Legalize All Drugs" after badly losing a drug war debate to Berzerke.
                          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'm a little too open-minded. To be honest, I`m naive.
                            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I am extremely open to new ideas, but they must be justified.
                              Naturally. It's a moderate's creed.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X