Opinions on the Ethics of Human Cloning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Ethics of Human Cloning

I'm doing this school project on the ethics of human cloning, and i'm looking for ideas.

please vote in the polls and post whatever you feel about the ethics of cloning. Thanks!
    Yes
    76.92%
    No
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Of course it is ethical - it will help a lot of people get cured from truly terrible diseases.
    Rome rules

Comment

Why not? As of now, however, it is wrong to actually clone a human embryo and bring it to maturity, because current methods will cause the resulting human being to have numerous medical problems. It's like asking if radiation-induced illness research is okay; it's fine as long as you do it responsibly and don't cause damage to human beings.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course it is.

Obviously, there is still some research to be done before we actually try primates to full term.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Ethics aside, I don't think we should be doing it. I don't think it's right, that's all.
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Huh? You don't think it's right, but not because of ethics? Should cloning research be stopped because it's against your personal taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oogkloot
              Huh? You don't think it's right, but not because of ethics? Should cloning research be stopped because it's against your personal taste?
              I do believe this poll is asking for peoples opinion, and that is exactly what he gave. No reason to jump up his butt about it.

But, I do agree with orange, There are just so many ways these technologies can go wrong / be abused. Though it's partly for ethics, aswell.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Personally, I'm all for anything with science.

Anyways, no matter what you are going to say, it will happen anyways.
                "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Pro. I see great potential from the medical spin-offs from the application of this technique, some beyond the scope of the layman in this field of research.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

With cloning, we can finally eliminate the need for oh-so-sinful sex.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by technophile
                      With cloning, we can finally eliminate the need for oh-so-sinful sex.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Nazi's practiced horrible experiments in the name of science.
                        What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

But November- they gave the world much good through some of their research!

I fully support cloning for body parts of people- this way we may be able to extend human life about to 120 years!
                          Extremely useful!

Good work, fully ethical- and what ARE ethics?
                          Who really cares about them- if it is for the good of all then let them do it.

People who are going to abort their babies should be forced to gift them to science! Get rid of an evil with a good!
                          They would die anyway!
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Against. This is human life we are dealing with here. Current cloning techniques have not been sufficently perfected to make the procedure safe.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld

I do believe this poll is asking for peoples opinion, and that is exactly what he gave. No reason to jump up his butt about it.

But, I do agree with orange, There are just so many ways these technologies can go wrong / be abused. Though it's partly for ethics, aswell.
                              Yes. I'm not religious so it isn't about God or anything. To me, it's about people not understanding that they are supposed to die. People want to find the cure to every disease to improve the length of their lives. It's like we're trying to reach for eternity. I just don't like it...people are meant to live and die, and if you die from cancer or AIDS, that's just how it is. I've had relatives die from Cancer, quite a few...so please don't think I'm being heartless. I don't think I am. I'd rather celebrate death than grieve over it. It's a loss, but it's part of what being mortal is all about. You live, you die.

Also, I find it sickening the kinds of ways this technology could be abused. Organ farms and such, on an ethical note yes I do have a problem with that.
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X