No announcement yet.

Automatic or Manual (driving poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manuals are good in areas without traffic but in a congested city you would definitely want an automatic.
    Seeing as I live in NYC I dont need a car and if I did I would get an automatic for sure. I used to enjoy driving manuals back home in NZ though.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Someone said that before cal, and I still disagree with it
      I see the world through bloodshot eyes
      Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Originally posted by drake
        Someone said that before cal, and I still disagree with it
        Why? You must really love manuals...I do too, but they are a pain in traffic.

Comment

You can engine brake an automatic, it's just got to be at city speeds, that's what the 2 and L are for
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Blah. 2 and L are so vague, though. =P

Cal, maybe if I drove in traffic everyday I'd think different, but I doubt it. I take very little extra effort to get a manual through traffic than an automatic.

Comment

I do drive everyday in thick traffic. Mind you it isn't LA or NYC traffic, but it's still thick at times. I don't think I've ever once thought while sitting in traffic, that I'd rather have an automatic. I guess it really comes down to preference.

Comment

I do drive everyday in thick traffic. Mind you it isn't LA or NYC traffic, but it's still thick at times. I don't think I've ever once thought while sitting in traffic, that I'd rather have an automatic. I guess it really comes down to preference.
                It only becomes a problem when you are stuck in traffic for a long time, like an hour or so.

Comment

cal

I leave work at 4 pm usually. If I left at 5, I would have that "over an hour in traffic" problem.

I'm usually too busy getting mad at people cutting others off or jamming to some music to even notice the physical motions of shifting or clutching. It's not like you have to think about it....it just becomes naturally part of the ride...and ya get used to it

Comment

Re: cal

I leave work at 4 pm usually. If I left at 5, I would have that "over an hour in traffic" problem.

I'm usually too busy getting mad at people cutting others off or jamming to some music to even notice the physical motions of shifting or clutching. It's not like you have to think about it....it just becomes naturally part of the ride...and ya get used to it
                    I know what you mean, I have a lot of experience in driving a manual. I guess it does take more than an hour before you notice it, but eventually your clutch leg does get tired. If you live somewhere that has horrendous traffic (LA) you would probably have a sore leg every day!

Comment

I have never seen any problem with driving a manual in busy traffic. So you have to use the clutch. Diddums.
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        I have never seen any problem with driving a manual in busy traffic. So you have to use the clutch. Diddums.
                        Try doing it for 3 hours in stop start traffic and you will see what we are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia

Try doing it for 3 hours in stop start traffic and you will see what we are talking about.
                          Well you'd be quicker walking then
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well you'd be quicker walking then
                            Quick to abandon your car arent you? It must be a piece of ****!

Comment

Well if it took me 3 hours to drive to work I would walk, as I could walk that distance in 1 1/2 hours Thinking of the environment you see
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well if it took me 3 hours to drive to work I would walk, as I could walk that distance in 1 1/2 hours Thinking of the environment you see
                                Unfortunately traffic jams are not always predictable.

Comment

Working...
                                X