Online Dating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    well this sucked... we had some drinks, talked a bit (though it was in a bar with some dip****s doing kareoke and I couldnt' hear jack****)... she was very up front with me and said she didn't feel we had any chemistry. i would tend to agree with that assessment. I was too shy... but hey that's how I am.

Maybe I'll try eharmony.com because match.com is stupid

I'm gonna smoke a bowl and try to forget tonight.
    Welcome to the world of Provost
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      Welcome to the world of Provost
      I thought things had been changing?
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

A better idea than meeting her straight away would have been to talk to her more online or on the phone. Get to know someone a little bit before you throw yourselves into a meeting where you have so much to talk about that you don't know what to talk about. You would find the chemistry if it was there in a way where you didnt have to be shy. Just my opinion anyway. ..
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

I thought things had been changing?
          Not romantically...no...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My wife and I met over the internet. That was back in 1995 - 96. At that time, it was still considered a kind of weird way to get a date. She's from Michigan, USA and I'm from Bergen, Norway. She was in the States and I was over here. For months, we just talked on the net and on the phone and sent letters and e-mails back and forth. Then I went over to meet her in the summer of 1996. People thought I was kind of crazy to travel that far to spend the summer with someone I'd never met before. I guess maybe it was, but I did it anyway. She brought a friend to the airport when she came to pick me up. Fair enough, I guess. Anyway, things worked fine for us and we've been married since the summer of '99.

I made some mistakes during the first couple of years of our long-distance relationship and we paid for it during the first year we lived together, as she inevitably discovered that I wasn't all the things she had come to expect. We lived through it, but the lesson is clear: Be honest! Always. Don't ever try to give the impression of being someone you're not, 'cause it will be discovered at some point, and trust me, it's not worth it! If there's something you're not proud of, the best thing you can do is to come clean right away and get to work on improving it.

Women will forgive you for not being perfect - if you're honest about it!
            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Well it's not just that - the chemistry of two people online could be completely different to IRL...
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Maybe she logged on and read Heresson's post before she left for the pub.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                  Well it's not just that - the chemistry of two people online could be completely different to IRL...
                  Yep. This is true. And I guess we experienced a tad of that as well. In our case, it was nothing that couldn't be overcome though.
                  "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                  -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Is there such a thing of chemistry online. I had no real feelings for tuberski till i met him in person. He was good conversation and made me laugh since i was go thru a break up with another guy. and he with his soon to be ex wife.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Online dating is next to impossible.

I'm dating a guy named Jake.. he and I met at an art gallery nearby. We just chatted, and went out for a coffee.. I kinda picked up he was gay... as he did me.

You need to find someone in real life, because more often then not, online dating doesn't work.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                        Online dating is next to impossible.

I'm dating a guy named Jake.. he and I met at an art gallery nearby. We just chatted, and went out for a coffee.. I kinda picked up he was gay... as he did me.

You need to find someone in real life, because more often then not, online dating doesn't work.
                        Tell me that if you are with Jake in 4 years, of course by then me and the Mrs. will be together for 8.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Tell me that if you are with Jake in 4 years, of course by then me and the Mrs. will be together for 8.

ACK!
                          Why is that relevant?
                          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                            Tuberski and I meet on the internet NOt on a dating site but in the IM CHAt rooms We talked for 3 months before we actually met. and we have been married now for 4 years. I d say go for it.
                            I actually know several couples who met on the internet. It sounds a bit strange at first but when you really think about it the internet is a good place to meet new people who enjoy the same things you do.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo

Why is that relevant?
                              Because they met online.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Because they met online.
                                Well I didn't say all the time... I said most of the time...

Comment

Working...
                                X