Best Live Album Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot one classic live album.

Edgar Winter and the White Trash's Roadwork is simply brilliant. Their version of "Tobacco Road" is among my all time faves.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94

The BBC sessions - Roxy Music
      The BBC sessions - The Small Faces
      Strictly speaking, the Roxy and Small Faces sessions aren't 'live' albums, at least not in the way that 'Viva! Roxy Music' is.

They have released recently two live albums taken from German television:

which also feature video footage.

There's also their 'Manifesto' tour concert in Denver, called 'Concert Classics', and I think there's a bootleg of an 'In Concert' from BBC television in '72, or '73, with Eno still in the lineup.

I have several Talking Heads bootlegs, with particularly good performances on 'Electrically' and 'Art School' .
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• U2- Rattle and Hum, but the DVD video version, not the CD since it includes a lot of live songs (With or without you, Where the streets, Sunday Bloody Sunday) that the CD doesn't.

Can't forget The Cure - Show.

70's music = TEH SUX (except Punk)
        A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Re: Best Live Album Ever?

Originally posted by Agathon
          What's yours?

Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won set is impressive, but there is only one live album that whips it.

The Who Live At Leeds

I've just acquired my fourth (I think) copy: The Deluxe Extended Edition.

What is wrong with other bands? No one can seem to do it the way The Who do it.

So what's yours?
          I agree about Live at Leeds. We used to use it to annoy the neighbors when that was necessary, as it is already so distorted that cranking it way up had no discernable impact on the sound quality. A very nice energetic concert. And they were still good live a few years ago when I saw them, right before Entwistle died.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Ok, the ones I can think of right now...

Ramones - Its Alive
            Elvis - Live in Las Vegas
            Queen - Live @ Wembley
            Motorhead - Live at Hammersmith
            Nirvana - Unplugged - I guess it is a live album, isnt it...?

Comment

Working...
            X