Clear All

Just a few off the top of my head.

David Bowie "David Live at the Tower Philadelphia"
    Frank Zappa "The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life"
    Butthole Surfers "Double Live - Bootleg"

Grateful Dead "Europe 72"
    Deep Purple "Live in Japan"
    Bob Marley "Babylon by Bus"
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Alive In Athens by Iced Earth is the best I've ever heard, but I've still got lots to listen to. Also, bash them all you want, but Metallica's "Symphony & Metallica" is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        Y'know. I have never ever heard any Phish.
        I've found some really cool cover songs by them online. Stuff from various concerts.

They did a country/blue grass version of "Gin & Juice" which was hilarious, and they did "Freebird" like a barber shop quartet, doing all the parts with their mouths. Guitar solos and everything. Its fricken amazing.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
          My #1

Phish: A Live One

A 40 minute version of "Tweezer"
          i have a hard time understanding listening to the same song for more than seven minutes.

my nominations go to "and all that could have been, live" from nine inch nails.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Decade of Aggresion

Comment

Re: Best Live Album Ever?

Originally posted by Agathon
              What's yours?

Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won set is impressive, but there is only one live album that whips it.

The Who Live At Leeds

I've just acquired my fourth (I think) copy: The Deluxe Extended Edition.

What is wrong with other bands? No one can seem to do it the way The Who do it.

So what's yours?
              I heard somewhere that the Who was considered the loudest live act ever. Hard to believe they are louder than metal bands though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
                Most artist mentioned so far are ancient. Contemporary live albums we would like to hear (just don't forget to plug in the Antares Auto-tuner):

Avril Lavigne
                Britney Spears
                Kelly Osborne
                Spice Girls
                Samantha Mumba
                etc...
                If that wasn't a joke, it should be .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I can't believe I'm the first person to mention Peter Frampton Comes Alive. This album is generally regarded as one of the greatest live albums ever, and definately of the 1970s.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Damn. Someone mentioned Frampton. I'm going to have to control my inner rage now.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

EDIT: And oh, how could I forget Dire Strait's "On the Night"?
                      Some sort of self-densive amnesia? Blotting out the bad memories?

Comment

My picks are-

"Dream Letter- live in London 1968"- Tim Buckley
                        "Live Rust"- Neil Young
                        "Unplugged in New York"- Nirvana
                        "Metallic KO"- Iggy and the Stooges
                        "Take no prisoners"- Lou Reed

And a bootleg of American Music Club at the Fleece & Firkin, Bristol- the best concert I ever saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If that wasn't a joke, it should be .
                          With the line about the Antares Auto-tuner, the joke becomes quite obvious. At least that was my intention.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Thin Lizzy: Live and Dangerous

David Bowie: Live at Santa Monica

Laurie Anderson: United States I-IV

801: 801 LIVE!

Various Artists: Wattstax, I & II

Aretha Franklin: Live at the Fillmore West

Magazine: Play

The Velvet Underground: 1969

And of course, too many unofficial live recordings to mention....
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The 1975 Bob Marley Live album...

And of course The Beatles Live At The Hollywood Bowl
                              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                              And notifying the next of kin
                              Once again...

Comment

With the line about the Antares Auto-tuner, the joke becomes quite obvious. At least that was my intention.

But the joke backfired, because obviously people thought that you seriously liked that crap, which shows the level of esteem that Apolyton holds your general taste.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X