X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Live Album Ever?

Originally posted by Agathon
    What's yours?

Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won set is impressive, but there is only one live album that whips it.

The Who Live At Leeds

I've just acquired my fourth (I think) copy: The Deluxe Extended Edition.

What is wrong with other bands? No one can seem to do it the way The Who do it.

So what's yours?
    I couldn't agree more, and I, too, am speaking of the Deluxe Edition. The first disc alone is worth the price, particularly the extended "My Generation" and "A Quick One", but the Tommy disc is just as good. All around just an amazing 2-disc set.

I've got several Phish albums, live and studio, and second Japher's recommendations. I'd also add Hoist to the list of albums to get started on.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      Y'know. I have never ever heard any Phish.
      What the hell? Aggie you just earned -100 cool boy points.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What the hell? Aggie you just earned -100 cool boy points.

It's a personal history thing. I essentially stopped listening to popular music from about 1991 onwards (with a few exceptions). Almost all my music purchases were classical.

The rise of mp3 changed that. I don't have my good hifi here in Canada and I listen to a lot of music on my computer.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Phish = teh suck

Led Zeppelin
          The Who

... but Phish, I'd rather shoot myself than listen to that incessant droning. The only possible way that Phish could sound good is if you were crazy high (which tends to explain their popularity and why hippies follow them around pretending that Phish is some sort of new age Dead).
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Phish never was popular by any means...

Us hippies also listened to Led Zeppelin and The Who
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Most artist mentioned so far are ancient. Contemporary live albums we would like to hear (just don't forget to plug in the Antares Auto-tuner):

Avril Lavigne
              Britney Spears
              Kelly Osborne
              Spice Girls
              Samantha Mumba
              etc...
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I actively dislike live albums. It's like a concert without the impact, immediacy or atmosphere, or like a recording without the finesse, fidelity or perfection. I've got a bunch of so-called classics of the genre (from Bill Withers live at the Carnegie Hall to Cheap Trick at the Budokan) but they all just bore me.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Most artist mentioned so far are ancient.

So are some of the posters who like them.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Chemical Ollie should be banned

all those ppl prove the old saying that women should be seen and not heard.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

That said - MC5, Kick out the Jams. Now that's a good album.
                      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Chemical Ollie should be banned

all those ppl prove the old saying that women should be seen and not heard.
                        Kelly Osborne should neither be seen nor heard

There are a lot of contemporary female artists that CAN sing. Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Anastacia, Marie Fredriksson (of Roxette) and Sporty Spice to mention a few. When writing the list, I also tried to figure out some male artists that really suck, but as I never listen to them, I couldn't think of any. I was about to mention N'Sync, but then I recalled them singing some really good barbershop for Disney's Tarzan movie. German band Scooter would be on the sucker list though. Didn't they release some live recorded singles by the way?
                        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Someone please help Chemical Ollie!!!
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

There are a lot of contemporary female artists that CAN sing...Sporty Spice
                            See ya in a week
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Someone please help Chemical Ollie!!!

With what? To write lists of contemporary artists that suck and those who don't? You start!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

See ya in a week
                                If you listen to any Spice Girls song, you hear her do all the hard parts. The high tones and the whalings. The others just sing along in some dull tone that 8 out of 10 can do as good as them. She has some rock'n roll in her voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X