Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush to Americans: 'Serve a cause larger than yourself.' (Official Inaugural Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bush cant speak dually about bigotry and then discriminate against a group of people
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
      Yeah, well you do have to take into account that a majority of Americans don't want gay marriage to be legal in our country. You also have to take into account that America is deeply divided on the abortion issue.
      55% of Americans oppose gay marriage. A year ago, 65% of Americans opposed gay marriage. The trend is in our favour. It will be legal in another decade or so. As long as you bastards don't write discrimination into the Consitution, you're trying to hold back a wave with a net. And the Democrats in the Senate, at least, won't allow you to do that. Democrats may not be good for much, but at least they can do that.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        55% of Americans oppose gay marriage. A year ago, 65% of Americans opposed gay marriage. The trend is in our favour. It will be legal in another decade or so. As long as you bastards don't write discrimination into the Consitution, you're trying to hold back a wave with a net.
        I sure would like to know where you got your information from.

And the Democrats in the Senate, at least, won't allow you to do that. Democrats may not be good for much, but at least they can do that.
        Democrats are already a minority in the Senate and are quickly losing more and more seats every 2 years because they stubbornly refuse to give up on their far-left ideologies (which does not appeal to those all-important election-winning swing voters).
        HAVE A DAY.
        <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
        "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
        For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Legalization of gay marriage nationwide would spell the beginning of the end of our great Republic.
          That's pricelss!

May I put this gen of fine humour in my sig, next to Diss's also-fantastic quote?
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
            May I put this gen of fine humour in my sig, next to Diss's also-fantastic quote?
            Go right ahead. I'm not ashamed of it.
            HAVE A DAY.
            "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
            For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

The terminal point will come when we stop caring what politicians say. Bush is helping, lets hope for another four years of bull**** followed by a revolution of apathy
              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

The anti-gay agenda is definetly evil. With that I agree wholeheartedly with che. It is WRONG to deny equal rights to people because of religious reasons.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Legalization of gay marriage nationwide would spell the beginning of the end of our great Republic.
                  How?
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

How?
                    Two words: moral decay.

You can't have a Republic without sound morals written into law; that's where laws come from, you know. You can't have laws without morals.

Plus, keeping gay marriage out of society is all about protecting our children from growing up in a shameful future. It's all about the kids, man.
                    HAVE A DAY.

Comment

"Serve a cause larger than yourself. Fight for gay marriage!"
                      Blah

Comment

mr nice guy reminds me of someone that has mental retardation.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Speaking as one of the right-wing people here, it sickens me to see that people actually lap up what Dubya says.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Attached Files
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

SCROTUM
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Certain people in this thread have idiotic views. I say no more.

Comment

Working...
                                X