No announcement yet.

12 Yr Old Beats, Rapes Toddler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know if its their brain that is working different my ex husband works for the juvenile justice school here in texas and things he has told me are horrible. I still upbringing and parental influence has alot to do with the way these young kids act.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• The parents are a huge problem. The schools are a huge problem. No one takes responsibility for many of the kids, many of my clients, and is it a suprise when they get in trouble?

The schools in Indy are now having children arrested for getting school fights.
      A school fight will get you a battery and a disorderly conduct charge! We can't or won't deal with the problem (limit liability) so lets have the police and judicial system fix it for us! Haha.

As far as this boy is concerned, who knows what happened (if anything) to him to make him like this.

I have a client who was molested at 6 by a man and at 7 by a woman. Then he matures much much faster than his peers and by age 10 he is functional. Throw in a low IQ-~80 and you have a nightmare. His mother got him help when he was 11-12 and he hasn't done anything too terribly bad in 2 years. No guarantee of course...

Not to say kids should not be held accountable for their actions, I believe they should. But the state's idea of rehabilitation is a bandaid or a pair of cuffs, not really fixing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel

I was pointing out that the juvenile brain functions differently than adult brains. I don't know whether or not that plays a role in this case. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I don't know, you don't know. The difference is that I want to find out why he did what he did (if he indeed did do it), not just lock him up for life.
        Definately. A child's brain isn't fully formed, as far as reasoning, until maybe ages 15 or 16. Sometimes much later. Of course it varies from person to person though.

But anyways, yeah this was sick, and yeah parental upbringing had everything to do with it. When a child is good, its because their parents raised them well. When a child is bad, its because thier parents (or whoever) raised them poorly. This is across the board. The number one learning method among primates is immitation. I would bet my life that this 12 year old was beaten and raped himself at some point in his life... probably (alot) more than once. Either that, or he witnessed it happening to a sibling or close friend.

Its sad because yes, he is only 12 and his brain isn't fully formed for reasoning, and yes, it was because of his upbringing.... but still. This is how he's been raised, and its very hard to reprogram your brain from such an obvious social dysfunctionality. This poor kid will probably always be deeply disturbed and a danger to the public

...save for some kind of rehabilitory miracle, which is unlikely.

Comment

• I'm a GP, and I've seen alot of what you've seen too. I think that one of the problems is that our society has attempted to make a transition from the old school of child rearing, "spare the rod and spoil the child" to a newer school without properly preparing prospective parents. We instruct people in a cursory manner with vague generalities, but don't really train them in child care. The people most affected are those with the least resources financially, emotionally, and intellectually, yet they get the fewest opportunities for training on how to rear their children. The job of preparing kids to have kids of their own falls to the public school systems, which are often hampered by resistence from public groups with hostile agendas.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Thats true, thats why i believe if you hold the parent or adult in charge of that child half responisble for the things the kid does that adult might think about paying more attention to what the kid is doing. I know when my oldest was 12 he did a stupid thing . he and another boy were playing with ligthers and they ended up starting a fire lucky nobody was hurt, however i scared the crap out of him and let him think i was going to let the police take him to jail. when i finaaly told him that he wasnt going to jail i took him to all the neighbors and let these folks explain what could have happened and made him appoligize for what he had done and i also made sure that he did chores for all those who could have been hurt for 6 months to pay for what ever damamge he caused. He hasnt done anything that stupid again
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• That's the thing, Mrs. Tubes. I bet most people here can point to something in their childhood when we did something bad (but long before rape or murder) and got an eye-opening scolding/punishment by which we came to know that actions have consequences.

Parental failure is one thing. This rises so far beyond schoolyard fights, petty vandalism, etc that we can't blame mere parental failure and childish irresponsibility.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I believe i was trying to say some how this kid and others like him have been failed by more the one adult. Wether it be lack of parental guidance which happens very often now days, or a govermental office that failed to take him or her out of a bad situation. I have seen this on way to many occasions that i care to admit. Where a child is taken to the hospital from a beating and returned to the family. Now these adults who do return the child have failed him as well. Seems to me education isnt the answer since most of these adults are supposed to be educated (the ones who work for the state and education system).

Comment

• Oh my god that is sick. It makes you wonder what possesses this kid to do such things. That is terrible

Comment

• Pre-teens and young teenagers often have a bizarre, almost psychotic view of the way the world works. I think partly this is due to the prolonged isolation from the real world, the working world, forced upon children in the developed world in the 20th century.
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I was more concluding its neglect abuse gentics and mental illness

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        Pre-teens and young teenagers often have a bizarre, almost psychotic view of the way the world works. I think partly this is due to the prolonged isolation from the real world, the working world, forced upon children in the developed world in the 20th century.
                        Since kids' brains aren't fully developped, one might expect them to have intrinsic difficulties with seeing how the world really works.

From what I've read of developmental psychology, small children are psychotic in the sense of not being able to tell between external and internal inputs. A 12-year-old should be well past that stage, tho.
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• If I am correct at this age the indvidual is self absorbed and believes the world revolves around him or her. They tend to think "its all about me"

Comment

• This is just sad.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                              If I am correct at this age the indvidual is self absorbed and believes the world revolves around him or her. They tend to think "its all about me"
                              Well, it's a boy, so that attitude doesn't have anything to do with age.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Im not sure what gender has to do with this violent act There have been lots of research done stating that women can be more violent offenders then men.

Comment

Working...
                                X