No announcement yet.

12 Yr Old Beats, Rapes Toddler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll answer to your question. They usually don't commit sex crimes. That's why I seriously doubt this particular 12 years old committed the said crime if it indeed were the kind of crime as described by the media.

As to the question if he did commit this crime or not, since this is a single case I can't say. But neither can you. Not before seeing the evidence. And in all likelihood, the boy is innocent because this behaviour is more consistent with older culprits.

Comment

@SpencerH: I take it that judge was childless ...
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
        @SpencerH: I take it that judge was childless ...
        I dont know for sure since it happened 25 years ago but I'd guess so given the complete naivte of the comment.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
          OK, I'll answer to your question. They usually don't commit sex crimes. That's why I seriously doubt this particular 12 years old committed the said crime if it indeed were the kind of crime as described by the media.

As to the question if he did commit this crime or not, since this is a single case I can't say. But neither can you. Not before seeing the evidence. And in all likelihood, the boy is innocent because this behaviour is more consistent with older culprits.
          I suggest you look to american news more often. What makes this case more unusual than most is not the age of the culprit but the murder and the sex of the victim.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think in cases like this, they should release the 12 year old's name.

that's all I have to say about this subject.

Comment

i seem to think that everyone here has taken to crucifing the young 12 yo. why not try to help him before you kill him or lock him away forever. as i said before all behaviors are learned not just acted out it is outragous that we as a society can wash our hands of a child that has done bad with out atempting to try and help him. if you ask me holding the parents of this child respomsible and all other parents responsible for the wrong doings of thier kids might might a difference
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

12 year olds commit sex offenses all the time. Hell, technically any time two 12 year olds have sex they are commiting a crime. technically speaking.

Comment

I should post here that I am a juvenile attorney. My job is to defend and represent children like this (well, no murders yet, its been a slow while in Indy ). in a court of law. But despite this liberal bias, I am not unopposed to all incarceration of juveniles, some really are psychotic bastards, but I think most are just kids who get caught up in things and swept away. My job is to help those kids get back on track

Comment

this child may not be a loss to society yet. before he is hung the details of the whole case needs to be stated. and as i said earlier where were this childs parents?
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I doubt stories such as this are only a symptom of modern times. I believe these things have been going on for thousands of years. Probably less so today than before.

But with the media, it's easy to get news stories such as this.

check this out.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Comment

• Also, as the area under the bell curve increases, the extremity of likely outliers grows outward.

Edit: The more people, the more freaks.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                          The 12 year old brain may or may not be capable of having the requisite mens rea for murder. Just because you think you remember what you were when you were 12 doesn't mean you can generalize that to everyone. Clearly statements like that indicate a lack of understanding and experience with children.

If I had more time I would post links to studies of the juvenile brain that show the lack of development in areas which are thought to control impulses. I have a slew of information and articles on the topic, but unfortunately they are at my office.

That's assinine. Raping "at least twice" and beating "several times" over a week isn't an impulse control problem. You might claim that for the first push or strike, but c'mon.

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                          Where are people getting all this faith in deterence?

DP is the ultimate deterence. The executed will commit no more crimes. As for prison, well, at least we can limit the potential victims of future crimes during the criminal's incarceration.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• DP is the ultimate deterence. The executed will commit no more crimes.

Non sequiter. Punishment isn't supposed to deter the one already caught, it's supposed to deter potential criminals.

Comment

• What Kuciwalker said.

@Diss: That's messed up too.
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                                Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                                The 12 year old brain may or may not be capable of having the requisite mens rea for murder. Just because you think you remember what you were when you were 12 doesn't mean you can generalize that to everyone. Clearly statements like that indicate a lack of understanding and experience with children.

If I had more time I would post links to studies of the juvenile brain that show the lack of development in areas which are thought to control impulses. I have a slew of information and articles on the topic, but unfortunately they are at my office.

That's assinine. Raping "at least twice" and beating "several times" over a week isn't an impulse control problem. You might claim that for the first push or strike, but c'mon.
                                I was pointing out that the juvenile brain functions differently than adult brains. I don't know whether or not that plays a role in this case. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I don't know, you don't know. The difference is that I want to find out why he did what he did (if he indeed did do it), not just lock him up for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X