Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aneeshm
    Kill this sick 12 year old . Then find out why he did it
    Um...I don't think that would be a very effective route to finding out why he did it...
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
      I think for some people here it's been too long since they were 12. 12 year olds are not naive infants, and by that stage can be quite vicious. At the age of 12 they can act rationally for the most part, and usually know the difference been right and wrong. A 12 year also would have been around long enough that he may have heard of prison in some context. For middle schoolers it is cool to be as violent and as vulgar as possible, and so he may have heard it from one of his classmates. It's possible this was done to him, it's just that at age 12 that isn't nessecarily the case. And even it is was done to him, that does not excuse murder, and it's nessecary for the protection of society that (persuming this kid isn't actually insane), this kid be locked away for life.
      "Too long since they were 12"? I'm 14!

Comment

Then you're too immature to have a valid opinion.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I was about the same since I was 12

except that I play FPSs more now, drink more, and masturbate a tiny bit less

and I don't go to church as often

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
            I would say locked away for life

and yes, I think that even a 12 yearold can be a irrevocably evil person

I mean, how could you ever get pass that?

if I did that, I wouldn't want to live

JM
            Indeed, nor would I. But what does not being able to get past something have to do with being "irrevocably evil"? Sure, I agree, his life is seriously and possibly irrevocably screwed up. But there's no reason to assume the worst; to the contrary, the most important thing to do is try to salvage what we can of his life.

Comment

We should learn whatever we can from these horrible incidents to better detect and intercept these situations before it's too late.

That is the primary priority..."curing" (if that's even possible) the individual who perputrated this crime comes in at a distant secondary priority.

Yes 12 year olds can be evil. As Jon Miller said, most people are that much different in their personality from 12 on.
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

death penalty

at 18 if it makes you bleeding hearts feel better.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah, 12 yr olds can act rationally, but there are also 12 yr olds who can't. There's no magic age formula that makes someone automatically as rational as an adult.

The nature of this case indicates to me that this kid is seriously ****ed in the head and is in need of immediate, long term menta treatment. He could quite possibly spend the rest of his life institutionalized, which is fine by me.

But "irrevocable evil?" I don't even know how we could determine such a thing, particularly of a 12 yr old.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But "irrevocable evil?" I don't even know how we could determine such a thing
                    I think beating and raping a toddler answers any questions about that.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Not necessarily. That could just mean being insane. It certainly doesn't connote the status being irrevocable.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        Not necessarily. That could just mean being insane. It certainly doesn't connote the status being irrevocable.
                        I suppose. But insane or not, I think this person should be put to death... at age 18. Let the psychoanalysts study him for 6 years... then stick a needle in his arm. Make him God's problem.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The nature of the DP is such that it must take into account the state of mind of the victim at the time of the crime. There's no point in waiting until someone is 18 and then killing them. If being a minor or being mentally incapable at the time a crime is committed is a prohibition to the DP, then you can't retroactively institute once the status of the person changes. The only reason I see behind what you say is that you're squeamish executing children. If you think the crime merits the DP, regardless of the age of the perp, then don't be such a ***** about it and say so.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                            I suppose. But insane or not, I think this person should be put to death... at age 18. Let the psychoanalysts study him for 6 years... then stick a needle in his arm. Make him God's problem.
                            Other than a perverse desire to avoid the issue and make it "God's problem", is there any reason he should be put to death??

Comment

To satisfy people's bloodlust, naturally.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000

Other than a perverse desire to avoid the issue and make it "God's problem", is there any reason he should be put to death??
                                PUNISHMENT

and a guarantee he won't kill and rape another toddler...

Personally, I think society's resources should be spent helping the weak, the poor, the unfortunate... rather than engaging in a foolish and futile attempt at rehabilitation.

But it's not your toddler that was killed, so it's okay to be all bleeding heart and feel sorry for the killer.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X