No announcement yet.

12 Yr Old Beats, Rapes Toddler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a related note , this is why I support taking sections of the desert , or uninhabited islands , or some such , and converting them into "exile colonies" . This neatly circumvents all the moral questions associated with the death penalty and life imprisonment .

Have crimes calssified on four levels - and have a colony for each level . Every month , send in enough food to sustain the persons inside .

There is to be no interaction between the people inside and the people outside . I mean none . No laws , no rules , just what the inmates can build up . Only water and food ( and , if necesary , medicine ) to be supplied inside .

That plan only works until the President's plane crashes into one of them, and we have to send in Snake to get him out alive...
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

This completely circumvents any question of moral debate - the state does not punish at all , just that the person is let loose amond others of his/her own kind . Also , to prevent escapees , have then tattooed ( under anasthesia , or course , so that they undergo no pain and the state is not implicable ) in five places - their forehead and the area just back of the neck , the tips of all their fingers , the back of the palm , and the chin.
      Actually it doesn't, you've only provided a very ad hoc utilitarian approach, completely ignoring the Kantian objections, which very loosely speaking, amount to the measures relevance in justice, which I might add is sorely lacking. Put simply, unless they can escape from such a colony, the state is responsible for their upkeep and accordingly any deaths that may occur.. so if you dont want them to escape you need a prison, and furthermore their preservation for it not to constitute murder.

Kill this sick 12 year old . Then find out why he did it , and kill the person who abused him ( assuming he was abused ) .
      Which will solve absolutely nothing. You don't solve a problem by either the person in whom it manifests, or killing abusers. It's such an endemic problem that it needs to be addressed on a far more pragmatic level. Unless you're seeking the genocide of a significant fraction of your population of course.

But of course more fundamentally, I don't think you have a clue about the subject and the people and the nature of the problem .

To understand it requires looking at it in the context of someones life... you can't just interrogate someone finding out on a very shallow level why they did it, and then send them off to ol' sparky.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

raping toddlers is bad mkay
        CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

That plan only works until the President's plane crashes into one of them, and we have to send in Snake to get him out alive...

And besides, how many Australias can the world take?
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

raping toddlers is bad mkay
            Wow, you've really given me a lot to think about. I have learned a great lesson here today!
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

The victim wasn't a baby
              The victim wasn't a toddler
              The victim was 3 years old.

This only drops the heinousness from a level 10 to a level 9.5 in my book, but its important to pay attention to the facts of the case and not allow passions and emotions to be inflamed due to mischaracterizations and exagerrations.

Comment

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The death was caused by blunt force to the head. I seriously doubt there are any 12-year-olds who don't know kick, punch, or club someone in the head. Incidentally, it doesn't seem clear that there was an intent to kill.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I do know one thing - the quick killing or permanent exile of child molestors will make people not do it .

Comment

You know that based on what? Child molestors aren't exactly well-known for reacting rationally to threats ...
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I'm almost as sickened by the reactions of some of the people here as by the crime itself. Do you people understand what a 12-year-old is??? Can you really believe that this shows he is irrevocably an evil person?? It's absurd to destroy someone's life because they had some sick, confused ideas as a kid. Now if it turns out that he seems to be psychological uncurable, sure, he can spend the rest of his life in a mental hospital, but that's quite a conclusion to jump to.

Comment

Verto, how exactly does making a thread about this incident enhance our experience at Apolyton?

Comment

I would say locked away for life

and yes, I think that even a 12 yearold can be a irrevocably evil person

I mean, how could you ever get pass that?

if I did that, I wouldn't want to live

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think for some people here it's been too long since they were 12. 12 year olds are not naive infants, and by that stage can be quite vicious. At the age of 12 they can act rationally for the most part, and usually know the difference been right and wrong. A 12 year also would have been around long enough that he may have heard of prison in some context. For middle schoolers it is cool to be as violent and as vulgar as possible, and so he may have heard it from one of his classmates. It's possible this was done to him, it's just that at age 12 that isn't nessecarily the case. And even it is was done to him, that does not excuse murder, and it's nessecary for the protection of society that (persuming this kid isn't actually insane), this kid be locked away for life.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                                I'm almost as sickened by the reactions of some of the people here as by the crime itself. Do you people understand what a 12-year-old is??? Can you really believe that this shows he is irrevocably an evil person?? It's absurd to destroy someone's life because they had some sick, confused ideas as a kid. Now if it turns out that he seems to be psychological uncurable, sure, he can spend the rest of his life in a mental hospital, but that's quite a conclusion to jump to.

Indeed.

There is very little in common between me as a twelve-year-old and me as a twenty-one-year-old. Heck, I went through a Libertarian and an Absolute Monarchist stage at fifteen and I wash my hands of those entirely.
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X