I paid for dinner yesterday with a credit card and on the receipt under the 'tip' line there was a 'tsunami aid' line. wtf?
Actually, they can back-date using mutations in non-critical DNA areas, both mitochondrial and nuclear. Some people have challenged that analysis, looking at how instead multiple sources could result in the same type of drift. I haven't looked at the debate in over a decade, it is for the math geniuses who have an intuitive grasp of how statistical interactions work. I may be able to run stats for a thesis, but those folks and their arguments are such that I understand what they are arguing about, but I don't have a week free to try to understand the merits of the various debates that they can comprehend in hours, not weeks.

. We are protecting ourselves when the next ice age comes.
. We are protecting ourselves when the next ice age comes.
Comment