Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first (and maybe last) goodbye thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first (and maybe last) goodbye thread.

If my memory is right, this is the first goodbye thread I have ever created.

I think it's time for me to bid farewell to Apolyton as an active participant. I think this will be my permanent departure from Apolyton, even though, as legend has it, once you're here, you can never leave.

I don't think I need to get into the reasons why I want to leave. Let's just say that now, it just feels right to leave as an active participant in Apolyton.

I wanted to create this thread to let other Apolytoners know that at this point, I am alive and well so that if you don't see me posting here after a couple months or so, I would like to think that I will still be doing fine.

I will probably come back to Apolyton as a lurker in the Civilization IV forum, to obtain the latest news and the latest discussion about the upcoming sequel, but I doubt I will be posting anywhere on Apolyton after this thread has served its purpose.

But for some reason, others who have said goodbye in the past have never truly escaped Apolyton's gravitational pull. But I do think I am willing to permanently leave as an active participant.

I would like to wish everyone an early "happy New Year!" greeting.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

MRFUN RUINED CHRISTMAS

WAAAHAHAAHAA
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Merry Christmas and goodbye and welcome back for when you come back.

I don't know why anyone would want to leave (unless they'd found rehabilitation) but you've hinted on finding the right church lately, not as a reason for leaving, but just have hinted it.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Bye Fun,

see you in the next year
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Ha! It's early for new year's resolutions!

See you soon!
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Apolyton will only be Ms. Fun now...

...then again, maybe that's a GOOD thing

Seriously though, you'll be back...how long can one go without an intake of the dancing cow?
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

See you in a couple of weeks.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

...........................Old posters never die, they just fade away..................
                .....then come back.......
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

See you next week.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Even if he was leaving, PA... celebrating isn't nice. He's a pretty good poster.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

But he's gay. Ergo, PA must troll.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

*tries, and fails, to feel a human emotion over this*

Ta! See you in a week.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

You'll be back in no time.. you find yourself in front of a computer wiht internet connection and *BAM* you're here.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

No it works. I had an Apolyton pause for about 2 years or so, then one day came back and got hooked again.

It's like smoking, it's a ****ing addiction

Comment

Working...
                              X