This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<------------------------ Man of the Year
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Damn yeah.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by el freako

I see you failed to look at the links in the spreadsheet then - or even bother to download it (the one person to download it so far was me, to check if everything was correct).

The proof is there, just waiting for you to look at it, however you don't seem interested in the proof do you?

You really are childish when you hurl abuse at other people and can't be bothered to even read the proof of their position.

And anyway where is your proof?
          There is none you have offered, so by your own standards your argument is worthless
          I don't look at people who skew reality (you). No proof = you're a liar. You don't have proof for your crappy position.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

He provided mountains of evidence and you didn't address ANY of it, other than name calling

I'd say he ripped you a new one.

Comment

While I could think of many people more deserving of this than President Bush, for the sheer in-you-face-effect of it on leftists and most of the Europeans it's not bad at all.

BTW, why hasn't some rival magazine come up with a Non-person of the Year award to balance things a little? A guy like Yassir Arafat would be an obvious choice for that one.

Comment

We all know Giancarlo got ripped a new one. That is what makes it so fun .
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  He provided mountains of evidence and you didn't address ANY of it
                  Hell he didn't even look at it let alone address it!

There is a word for people like Giancarlo - fanatic, they will ignore reality if it impinges on their beliefs.

The sad thing is that most fanatics come a cropper in the end, I live in hope that Giancarlo might learn to change his ways before that happens.
                  19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

El Freako, you are the fanatic. A fanatic left wing delusional person who does know much to begin with. You better change your extremist left wing beliefs. I'm moderate. I'm no fanatic.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by monkspider
                      Grant and Harding were just corrupt, they didn't do anything catastrophically bad.
                      Jackson did, though. Several things.

For that matter, the whole run of Presidents up to Lincoln were pretty bad, given that they did almost zero to prevent the Civil War.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                        El Freako, you are the fanatic. A fanatic left wing delusional person who does know much to begin with. You better change your extremist left wing beliefs. I'm moderate. I'm no fanatic.

One becomes a left wing fanatic by believing the European economy is in better shape than the American?

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                          Name calling again.

Now Prove it!
                          Please quote anything I have said that is "Fanatically Left Wing"

I think people here will already agree that you are a fanatic.

If lots of people think you are wrong then the chances are that you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

One becomes a left wing fanatic by believing the European economy is in better shape than the American?
                            No, just delusional.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                              No, just delusional.
                              That depends

Check out the spreadsheet I supplied at the first post on this page.

It would be nice to have some objective views on the data it contains (and the links to the raw data that are also in it).

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                Bush hasn't done anything catastrophically bad either... yet
                                Considering the disparity between the US and Iraq, the number of dead and wounded soldiers is quite catastrophic.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X