Issues concerning gays -- part XXXVVV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patroklos

You are correct, it hasn't been offered in every state because you broke discourse on the posibility. Don't expect others do do you revelutionary work for you.
    Don't expect others to do revolutionary work for me? I'm broke. You can't expect me to run rallies and stuff for my cause. I don't have the money. I can take part in this and I have done so. I have helped the movement seek equal rights and marriage. Civil unions are institutionally and constitutionally INADEQUATE.

And once again, in every instance it was offered, it was the complete mirror to marriage legally.
    No it was not. Civil unions do not even have the same amount of rights as marriage, and this can be taken for fact in New Hampshire (I think that is the state where it is legalized, correct me if I am wrong).

If it is not socially accepted as equal to marriage, welcome to the world of new things. When enough theme parks have to pay money out to law suits, you will get your family discount too. But why do you care if some fundy Christian recognizes your marriage if your rights are legally guarunteed?

You do care G, and that is your hangup. You want the "I won nah nah nah."
    It doesn't matter if it is socially accepted by christian fundamentalists. Inter-racial marriage was and still isn't accepted by many. That does not matter. It is constitutionally appropriate to grant full marriage to gay couples as it was inter-racial couples. I don't care if some christian cares. I care about the government recognizing it. I could care less if some church in Kansas accepts it.

As is true with golfphobia, why do you hate them bigot (for good measure )
    I don't care much for golf players. Golf is a sport. Not a sexual orientation. Nice thing to say to minimize the hatred you have really... doesn't work though.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• And i'm not a reactionary political shock trooper as yourself. We want marriage, and I will not stop arguing for it until we get it. I don't give a **** what you think or say. You can't determine anything here. You are a great anti-equal rights bigot.
      Shock Trooper = Giancarlo*

*see example above, excellent use of the "no I'am not you are!" defense.

And you have lost and lost. And guess what? YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE
      What have I lost again?
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Shock Trooper = Giancarlo*

*see example above, excellent use of the "no I'am not you are!" defense.
        I'm not one.

I'm a freedom fighter.

What have I lost again?
        Your argument.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• No, he never lost his argument. In fact, I think he always keeps them in the same place so he never loses them (a specific drawer or shelf maybe).
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun
            No, he never lost his argument. In fact, I think he always keeps them in the same place so he never loses them (a specific drawer or shelf maybe).
            Ha ha ha. That is not what I meant. I'm talking in the context of winning or losing. Not keeping or losing.

Comment

• I don't care much for golf players. Golf is a sport. Not a sexual orientation. Nice thing to say to minimize the hatred you have really... doesn't work though.
              Well you are correct partially now, I do have a seathing hatred for one gay person after the last few posts. Or is that pity?

I care about the government recognizing it. I could care less if some church in Kansas accepts it.
              So civil unions it is, obviously the word marriage is not important too you. You know you could have just said that in the beginning and avoided losing your dignity
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Well you are correct partially now, I do have a seathing hatred for one gay person after the last few posts. Or is that pity?
                I have seen enoug hatred directed at me by self serving bigots as yourself. It isn't anything new.

So civil unions it is, obviously the word marriage is not important too you. You know you could have just said that in the beginning and avoided losing your dignity
                Civil unions are inadequate. Marriage is important. It must be granted in full and be called a marriage. We do not live in a country where "seperate and [supposeably but never] equal" is a policy. I haven't lost my dignity. In fact I think I'm strengthening my argument at this time.

Edit: Typo.

Comment

• I'm not one.

I'm a freedom fighter.
                  ah

Don't expect others to do revolutionary work for me? I'm broke. You can't expect me to run rallies and stuff for my cause. I don't have the money.
                  I am interested in how this politial activism tier system works. Is it linked to tax brackets?

Whatever you are, we can tac delusions of grandeur onto it.

Comment

• I have seen enoug hatred directed at me at self serving bigots as yourself. It isn't anything new.
                    No, like I said, it is definetly pity.

Comment

I am interested in how this politial activism tier system works. Is it linked to tax brackets?

Whatever you are, we can tac delusions of grandeur onto it.
                      I don't have ****ing delusions of grandeur. I can't stand fools who say such things.

I can only do my small part in helping the movement. I have taken part in rallies, have lended a hand in organizing rallies and events (nothing major)... it is all I can do but at least I'm trying my part.

What a fool.

Comment

No, like I said, it is definetly pity.
                        I only have pity for your sorry self.

Comment

• I don't have ****ing delusions of grandeur. I can't stand fools who say such things.

I can only do my small part in helping the movement. I have taken part in rallies, have lended a hand in organizing rallies and events (nothing major)... it is all I can do but at least I'm trying my part.

What a fool.
                          Whatever you say "freedom fighter"

When do your action figures come out?

Comment

Whatever you say "freedom fighter"

When do your action figures come out?
                            What a blabbering... never mind.. ming will get mad at me if I lash out at you.

I call myself a freedom fighter because I do my small part in helping.

When does your intelligence come out? Or do you have any to speak of?

Comment

• I only have pity for your sorry self.
                              No, yours is definetly the way of hate. That is how being a political zealot/shock trooper/"freedom fighter" works. You are the unquestionably loyal lap dog that the sane members of you faction can rely on to make lots of noise at rallies (if you could afford them that is, I guess the rank of freedom fighter is for screwing up the cause online only)

Comment

No, yours is definetly the way of hate. That is how being a political zealot/shock trooper/"freedom fighter" works. You are the unquestionably loyal lap dog that the sane members of you faction can rely on to make lots of noise at rallies (if you could afford them that is, I guess the rank of freedom fighter is for screwing up the cause online only)
                                I don't hate you. I pity you. You have issues that are beyond comprehension. A major inferiority complex I think. At any rate, I'm not zealot. I just am standing up for my freedoms. You on the other hand are part of a militant faction in this country. Rallies and marches are the way people have gained rights in the past. It took a march on Washington DC in 1964 to get rights for a minority that was previously denied them. Well it is my dinner time rightn ow. YOu are screwing your own cause because of your obvious lack of intelligence. I have nothing else to say to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X