No announcement yet.

Daddy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey -- why wasn't this thread topped too?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras
      I have one. One is "only". Seven is ... something else. Respect, dude, it imagine it can be tough.
      Very tough at times. If anyone out there with similar experience has any advice I'm all ears.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
        hey -- why wasn't this thread topped too?
        Sounds like an idea. I was thinking of blogging the experience here. Just the highlights, don't want to bore anyone.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

Well, if you count miscarries it would actually be 7 for 11.
          :frowns: sorry to bring up such a subject. i was referring to seven times having sex, and seven children.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
            i was referring to seven times having sex, and seven children.
            Oh. In that case it would be thousands to seven.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased
              i was referring to seven times having sex, and seven children.
              I just remembered something. My sister was 3 for 3 (her ex didn't like sex).

Comment

Originally posted by Vince278

(her ex didn't like sex).
                Good riddance
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

who doesn't like sex?

What's up with that?!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

indeed.
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
                      who doesn't like sex?

What's up with that?!
                      An odd story he is. He was married twice and had three kids to each wife (my sister being wife #2). He is also more than 20 years older than my sister (so he's in his 60's now). About 10 years ago they divorce. Last year he publicly announces (in church no less and while serving as a lay minister) that he is gay. I ask my sister about it and she said she knew all along, they only had sex to have the kids and he was otherwise faithful while they were married. No word on whether his first wife knew. When I spoke to him I said he wasn't very good at being gay if he had six kids ( ). So, he doesn't dislike sex, he only likes it with other men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
                        Congrats Vince.

In a related note, The Ogs likewise are now expecting again. (Hopefully with much better outcome this time around :hope: ) This will make the Og household complete with 2 Adults, 2 kids, 2 cats, and 3 ferrets.
                        Congrats and best wishes Ogie.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

Congrats and best wishes Ogie.
                          Thanks Sik.

The verdict is in as we went for the 18 week ultrasound.

Madison (our daughter) is extremely excited about the possibility of a little sister. Good news is we still have all of her things to pass on as hand me downs. Bad news is we have hit the brick wall as far as girl names go. So we will be scratching our heads to come up with one that is mutually acceptable for the next 20 weeks.

So far the only suggestion we have is from her:

Jasmine Cinderella ----

We really need to watch something other than the Disney channel.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• My daughter's name is Rhiannon (from the 1975 Fleetwood Mac song and Celtic myth). She's child #5, age 9.

My congrats as well Og.
                            (with one less ferret you'd have two of everything)

Those ultrasounds are cool. We haven't had our first yet but when we see the doctor next week I'm sure he will order it. We are in a number of high risk groups.

Comment

• Finally broke the news to the kids on Christmas day. The reaction was positively sedate. I guess after six kids news of a seventh went over quietly. It did give us something to talk about when we later saw my wife's family.

One interesting note this week however. We heard through the grapevine that my step-daughter (child#2), who we haven't seen in over 4 years, had twins 10 months ago. We may see her sometime this coming month. What's interesting is my wife is now a grandparent and I still am not. I've been saying "Yuck! I'm doing a grandma!" and she's saying "A grandma is having your child!" (and those twins will have an aunt/uncle younger than themselves. )

Comment

Working...
                              X