Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your side usually win in forum threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your side usually win in forum threads?

"Libertarians routinely win debates but that doesn't translate into support."
    - Berzerker
    Yes
    36.00%
    No
    18.00%
    Maybe
    16.00%
    Arguing is for silly bananas
    30.00%
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

I don't argue really that often.

When I do, I generally argue against easy picks/dogpiled people, so I don't think I "win" arguments.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think in arguments, whoever finally is overcome with a migraine concedes.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's not about arguing, it's about putting people in their place.

And the answer is yes.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Point of the question? Each side usually claims victory. FE, IMO libertarians almost never win debates.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I generally support the "banana" option - it frequently wins.

There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

I dogpile, so I always win.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                I dogpile, so I always win.
                When there is no peril in the fight there is no glory in the triumph
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I don't seek glory in the triumph. I like to see people get pwnd, and I will help if I sense weakness.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Not always. Sometimes Fez posts on a religion thread.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I want to see Fez get into an argument with MalevolentLight about gay marriage. That would be pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                        I want to see Fez get into an argument with MalevolentLight about gay marriage. That would be pretty awesome.
                        I think he did a few weeks back. Or at least he did with Ben Kenobi, that was very entertaining.
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Libertarians are know for standing up when typing their arguments, which allows them to pull facts out of their ass.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I can't ever remember losing an argument.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Vitamin B is good for improving your memory.
                              Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                              X