Pics of your city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of your city

Now, we've had these kind of threads before but I never participated so I felt like putting on a new one. So, pics of your city. First up is my city, Turku, the oldest Finnish city, this year it had her 775th b-day. Also the first Finnish capital, though it was changed to Helsinki later on. Turku is also known as the rectum of Finland, but that's just a joke. Maybe sometimes it's true though. But the city is great, and it's a real 'summer city'. One of the best places to be in summer. It's also a coastal city, and has its own port. Used to be one of the most busy business places in here because of the port, and still is. Has long traditions of education and all kinds of important things historically speaking. University of Turku was built about a hundred years ago, by volunteer work and volunteer collected money. Now it is one of the three big ones, with Helsinki and Tampere Uni's. It is also one of the big 3 in cities in Finland, others being Helsinki and Tampere. There's always a feud going on between these 3. Turku is located in the west coast of Finland. This is a fact, the sperm count in Turku is one of the very highest in the whole world. And the women are also extremely hot in Turku, this is a known fact across Finland, the hottest ones are in Turku, and there's lots of them. I have grown to like this city very much and lived there little over a year now.

To pics!

This first one is a castle, Turun Linna (Castle of Turku)
    Attached Files
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

another pic of the castle..
    Attached Files
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Was this where #2 was invented?
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ã…bo Akademi
        Attached Files
        In da butt.

Comment

Ted, No thsi wasn't it.. sorry.

This one is the museum of art
          Attached Files
          In da butt.

Comment

I could spend all day posting pics of my city

I have to post this picture, because it shows where I work

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...arp.750pix.jpg[/img]

Comment

Aurajoki, or Aura river.
              Attached Files
              In da butt.

Comment

another one of Aurajoki
                Attached Files
                In da butt.

Comment

theater bridge by night
                  Attached Files
                  In da butt.

Comment

big church at winter
                    Attached Files
                    In da butt.

Comment

hmm, the other pictures I linked to don't work.

Comment

We have the moominworld too..
                        Attached Files
                        In da butt.

Comment

Geez Pekka, your City sucks.
                          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Lonestar, not enough high buildings, glass and mickey dees for your taste? I feel sorry for you .
                            In da butt.

Comment

But then again I understand the negative vibes. I would hate it too if my only pics woudl be of malls and traffic lights. To get something else you actually need to have history
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X