Pray for Vel... Plus update from Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheisse!

My condolences and well-wishes to ol' good Vel.

Get better, chap, despite it looks damn hard!
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
      As promised here is the updated collage. (You posted in just in time Kinjiru! )
      hehe. cool. That's an unusual assortment of pictures when you look at it all at once like that.

Comment

• Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
        I second that!!!
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• I'm psyched... just got 'Guardians' and 'Five Days in May' delivered!!
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Five days in May is great... I got a signed copy on a prominent place on my book shell

DeepO

Comment

• Shouldn't you be in bed??
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Shouldn't you? AFAIK, Antwerp is the same time zone

DeepO

Comment

• Hey Vel;
                  Get well and get out of that bed! I’ve got a 16 year old scotch guaranteed to put hair on your chest…which just may have to do for now.
                  The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Anatole France

Comment

• GOD bless.

Comment

• Vel

Ok, Ok. I couldn't stand it any longer. Some of you may remember a certain "Flirt Thread" that posted here on 'Poly a couple of years ago.

Anyway, point being, I could not let my "Flirt Buddy" lie in a hospital somewhere and not go see about him.

I saw Vel this week. I thought a bit of the old "flirt therapy" would perk him up a bit. He is doing better and is certainly still up to the flirting game. In fact, he should be going home in the next few days.

Just wanted to give everyone this little bit of good news from our Vel.

Ishie

Comment

• Glad to hear that. Thanks Ishtar
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Good news indeed.

Which reminds me, there are a few new avatars to add to the collage. I´ll be updating the collage later today. If anyone wants to get in, now´s your chance.
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• That's good to hear. Thanks a lot for letting us know, Ishie.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Good news indeed
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Is it me or doesn't everyone's avator show up in this thread. I can't see MarkG's avatar for example. Or mine for that matter?...
                                Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Working...
                                X