Pray for Vel... Plus update from Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW.

Sometimes life just goes along in its normal pattern and things start to seem a little boring. Then, when you least expect it, something or someone comes along and changes all that.

Over the last few years, Chris, you have often been that catalyst for me. A quick mental catalogue...
    - those early discussions of SMAC strategy,
    - encouraging me to write (which led directly to the Spartan Chronicles),
    - convincing me to open my heart to someone (whom eventually agreed to marry me, guess she'll have to blame you for that...)
    - through your writings, giving me the courage to start my own professional venture

And there are many more. Chris, you have been a fantastic friend and if you don't get better before I have a chance to come see you in person, well, then I'll just have to kill you!

Hang in there old boy!

-Kinjy

Comment

• As promised here is the updated collage. (You posted in just in time Kinjiru! )
      Attached Files
      Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• Wow - I guess I shouldn't ignore topped threads.

You don't know me, but you and few select others have essentially taught me how to excel at Civ3 through your gracious sharing of your immense expertise. Thank you!

Best wishes and a speedy recovery,
        dejon

Comment

• sorry to have not seen the thread until now

my thoughts are with you and your family Vel

ps. the booksurge site had trouble processing my credit card, here are some amazon links to Vel's books for anyone interested
          Guardians
          Five Days in May
          SMAX Guide
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

• Glad to see you here Markos .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Gil---

Please tell Vel that Ishie wishes him well. I had no idea he was sick again. I am in Columbia, please tell Bert and Chris to call me if there is anything in the world I can do to help out.

He should well remember "Ishtar". :-)

Mary

Comment

• Ishie!!!
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• I'm another one who's only just heard about this thread. Great to here that Vel is improving. He's been a great contributor to this site, and always a pleasure to read. My prayers are with you.

Now, get back to the Gathering Storm. Don't you know there's a war on

Comment

• Good news, Vel! Hope to see you posting here again soon.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• I'm still wondering about the scorpion venom....
                      None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

• just wanted to say that I hope you get well soon Vel.
                        Donate to the American Red Cross.
                        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus

You are... why I am here.

All of my best wishes and prayers, everything in my heart goes out to you.
                          He is the reason many of us are here, myself included. One more reason Vel needs to get beter, no way he could live with that on his conscience. He needs to atone to the 'poly society for that little atrocity.

Seriously, get back in the pink soon, we all miss you and wish you the best.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Great news, Vel! Get well soon... no get well now! That's an order!
                            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Ishie!!!

Hey Good Lookin!!

How's things? I've been kinna "out of the loop" lately. Just found out about Vel. Have you or any of the CB folks gotten any further updates on his condition?

Ishie

Comment

• You know what should've gone on that card:

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
                                #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
                                #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Working...
                                X