No announcement yet.

Pray for Vel... Plus update from Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have never had the oportunity to meet Vel online but I did read much of this SMAC guide and found it a wonderfully insightfull piece of work.

Unfortunatly it seems I am likly too late to get include in the Letter as it would result in an unacceptable delay to get added at this point. Let him know that what he gets is just the tip of the IceBerg.

My best wishes to Vel
    Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; October 23, 2004, 13:23.
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by CapTVK
      Thanks, the first one has my personal preference.

same here
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• oh no

send him my best wishes as well.

Velociryx has been a great contribuitor to the forums, and indeed, I still dreem of meeting him someday- he seems like such a great guy in everything he writes, programs, posts, and does.

--
        some might think that ending with my usual smiley here would be disrespectful, however- I like to think that people who are sick generally do better when they're happy... so I'll end with a '; ) ' smiley in a minute... after a short poem.
        -
        Velociryx (vel-o-cir-yx)
        |
        Alpha Centauri (alpha cent-au-rii)
        Candle'Bre (candle-bree)
        Apolyton (A/C) (apolyton [a slash c])
        |
        For these three and many more forgotten by me
        For your book
        And your guide
        |
        Best wishes sent from deep inside.
        |
        For your games
        And your skills
        all the winnings, all the thrills.
        |
        And for life,
        without strife.
        Vel, my friend- it's all right.
        |
        You deserve the praise.

-->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• good to know that Vel is getting better.

I really think that Civ IV could have a city named Velociryx... If the game is any good, of course.

CapTVK: great idea about the collage and excellent result too.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
            His condition has been improving
            Prayers are being answered!
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
              I do not know when, but sometime this weekend, he is supposed to be moved to a small private hospital that will be closer to us. His condition has been improving, and he was smiling from ear to ear when I printed and read all of this to him.

Comment

• Thanks be. Hang in there buddy.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• getting better
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Get well soon, Vel! When I noticed this, a flood of memories came back from when I was playing SMAC night and day and discovered your SMAX Guide, version 4.0 which drastically improved my play. Your presence here has always been level headed and directed toward helping people be better. Thank you. Looking forward to that EU2 guide!
                    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

• Glad to hear you're on the mend, Vel.

Never doubted it for a second.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Good to hear.....see good thoughts really do work
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

• Boy did I miss this thread.

Good to hear you're getting better.

My prayers are with you.

Comment

• Good to hear he's feeling better indeed.

Get well soon!
                            -bondetamp
                            The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
                            -H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Great news!
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• Add mine to the card as well please.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X