Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus logo
    Attached Files
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

• well the one without the poly logo is better, just because no-ones avatar is obscured, and i'm sure he would know it came from here - its even got Mings mug on it - doesn't get much more poly approved than that .
      The one above the poly logo one is awesome, great work Cap TVK
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Thanks, the first one has my personal preference.

The 2nd one with the logo is meant as an extra. I thought "what if we make our own card? With a picture on front and on the inside?" So I went all out and made a sort complementary collage for it. It doesn't have to be used.

Now that we have the collage. It's time to move to phase 2. Print it and get it to Vel in time. Capt Dizle, can you help?
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Comment

• Yep, without the logo would also be my preference, for reasons already stated.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
            I realise it is late, but could you please add mine. He's bound to know whose it is.

Hope he gets well soon.
            Did you just alter your avatar? I could have sworn you had a pic of Che as your avatar earlier.

Comment

• Tell him to get his ass outa bed. I'm still waiting for my 'free version' of CB. I figure that I deserve one after my contributions to the combat design (theory).
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Get well, Vel. This is horrible news.

I've been following your post in the SMAC, Civ3, Paradox and Candlebre fori. I think few people have contributed to Apolyton, the way you have done.

You're definately included in my prayers.

Cap: You're welcome to include my avatar in the collage, if it can fit in.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

• I hope Vel's getting better soon.
                  Nothing more to say, we all know how great he is.
                  Clash of Civilization team member
                  (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
                  web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

• Thank you all for your prayers and support. It means a lot to all of us that so many people are pulling for Chris and hoping he gets better.

I do not know when, but sometime this weekend, he is supposed to be moved to a small private hospital that will be closer to us. His condition has been improving, and he was smiling from ear to ear when I printed and read all of this tohim.

Capt Dizle, when I tolk Chris about your offer to drive down this way, he asked me to ask you not to. I do not think he wants anyone to see him in his current condition, and he said:

"Let's wait a bit, and we'll knock a few back and celebrate with a cookout!"

I think he is looking forward to a big steak already.

jThank you again to everyone. It is overwhelming.

Gil
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• That is good news.

Can we still mail him the collage?

Comment

• Good news .

You actually read this all to Vel... I can imagine !
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• His condition has been improving, and he was smiling from ear to ear when I printed and read all of this tohim.

I do not think he wants anyone to see him in his current condition

That's how I felt too when going to hospital: only mum, dad and girlfriend, no-one else.
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• He is not out of the weeds yet, but he is getting better. Last night he was joking around a little bit, and that was good to see again. He said "I'm not done yet!" and gave me a thumbs up sign.

And please mail the collage. I will deliver it personally, and I know he will love it!

Gil
                              The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Will do.

Gil,

Can I contact you via Vel's email/pm?

Comment

Working...
                                X