Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia plans to arm Venezuela to counter US backed Colombia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pax
    I can see how greatly appreciative the Vietnamese, Cubans, Phillipino's and the Iraqi's are/were.
    What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
    What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Ned wrote:
      Well, I seem to be in a good crowd, then. All the commies here also believe in manifest destiny as well. True?
      That's why we find them as scary as you.

I notice, BTW, that the UN goals you claim to fight for do not include democracy.
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Last Conformist
        Ned wrote:
        Well, I seem to be in a good crowd, then. All the commies here also believe in manifest destiny as well. True?
        That's why we find them as scary as you.

I notice, BTW, that the UN goals you claim to fight for do not include democracy.
        Yes they do. They include the word "larger freedom" to make it clear that what the UN supports is "real" democracy as opposed the kind we see in the Democratic Peoples Republic of....

But suppose you Communists will respond that what larger freedom that really means is "freedom from want." But that would bring us a full circle, would it not, because "freedom from want" means "want of freedom."
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

What makes me liberal? My belief in the declaration of independence? The constitution? The right to bear arms? Universal suffrage? My military service? I like to think of myself as a patriot.
          There's an old saying about a duck. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• PAX, see so many posts on Dictators, I find myself uncertain of your question. I would suggest naming the Dictator that the US unseated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

There's an old saying about a duck. If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck.
              That's my point exactly. I'm a patriot and you're a duck.
              What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
              What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

That's my point exactly. I'm a patriot and you're a duck.
                The word that best describes you PAX is "enemy combatant."

Comment

The word that best describes you PAX is "enemy combatant."
                  Ned, if you consider me an "enemy combatant" , then you must surely hate freedom. You are obviously, in league with terrorists, communists or maybe even the legion of doom.
                  You see, I am a loyal member of the U.S. military. I have a sworn allegiance to this country that goes beyond reciting the national anthem at baseball games.
                  You are a traitor to your country!

Comment

Ned, if you consider me an "enemy combatant" , then you must surely hate freedom. You are obviously, in league with terrorists, communists or maybe even the legion of doom.
                    You see, I am a loyal member of the U.S. military. I have a sworn allegiance to this country that goes beyond reciting the national anthem at baseball games.
                    You are a traitor to your country!
                    PAX, if you side with the enemy, always condemn the United States and are a combatant, then you are an enemy combatant.

Comment

PAX, if you side with the enemy, always condemn the United States and are a combatant, then you are an enemy combatant.
                      Which enemy have I sided with?
                      When have I ever condemned the U.S.?

Comment

• Seriously, I think the difference of opinion comes from how we interpret patriotism and loyalty.
                        It's my patriotism and loyalty that causes me to want the U.S. to not just do what will maintain our dominance over the world but also to do what's morally and legally right. I do not feel that the U.S. has the right to invade/bring democracy to other countries. I also feel that it's my duty as an american citizen to question laws or actions by the government that I feel or wrong/unjust. In that way, I hope to make the U.S. a better country and government. If anything, it's my love I have for the U.S. that is responsible for my words/actions.

Comment

• Pax, now you are talking some sense.

Comment

Che, I think Chavez claim to the title of being a dictator is still in the making. All he has to do is delay, rig or otherwise cancel the next election in Venezuela in order to complete his ursupation.
                            Yeah, that's what they said about the last one. See what I mean. You people justify your criminal actions by pointing to the events you cause. Your people are the reason this world is so ****ed up.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Yeah, that's what they said about the last one. See what I mean. You people justify your criminal actions by pointing to the events you cause. Your people are the reason this world is so ****ed up.
                              I know Che. All commie dictators are bad people, murderers of political opponents and the like, because of the United States.

Comment

• Just a few pages earlier you still had to be corrected on Mossadegh. It's quite obvious he relied on dictatorial means becauce of US actions.

Face it, Ned. Communism was a very popular ideology during the Cold War, and the only way to prevent it from spreading was with force, as letting the democratic course go would have been a disaster for American interests. In that sense, Che is right.
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X