No announcement yet.

PETA is filled with idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They blow up MEDICAL research facilities, like Chiron... Which, by the way, doesn't make cosmetics.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• Are you sure that was PETA and not ALF or ELF?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• did they kill anyone?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• It may have been someone else, but no one puts it past PETA... No one was hurt, it was done at night.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Nothing against your brother, TMM, but many people in PETA are pretty capable of wildnerness survival.
            Sure -- that's what Butch represents.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Furthermore, herbivores evolved in concert with carnivores, and require their existence in order to prevent overpopulation and species die-off. Human meat eating does not play this role in nature.

We do now.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                We do now.
                No we don't. We eat very little natural meat. Where we have stepped into an ecological role as preditor, we do not consume the meat, such as in deer culls. Where we engage in large scale harvesting of natural stocks for human consumption, we over consume and destroy the stocks.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• I know a lot of hunters in New Jersey who would disagree with that.

Comment

• This is actually a slightly painful topic for me right now.

For the first time in over ten black powder seasons, my father has failed to bring home a single deer.

The family is in mourning.

Comment

• They are full time preditors?

Comment

• Some of them come damn close.

Comment

• And they keep the deer population down? In the MidWest, they have to call in professionals to kill deer off by the thousands to keep them from over populating.

Comment

• Let me do a little digging.

I know in New Jersey, the herds are probably 100% hunter controlled -- except where local communities forbid it due to population density or other reasons.

Mom and Dad live in the Kansas City region now, I'm not sure how it is there.

Comment

• That would probably be why he didn't bring any home. If he's hunting in the MidWest, the deer there cannot be eaten, because of "mad deer" disease.

Comment

• Harvest table:

From the program description (lots more than quoted):

Controlling deer populations via the annual deer hunting seasons has been very successful throughout most of New Jersey. Managing deer numbers through annual adjustments to the deer hunting seasons is relatively easy in areas with good hunter access to the deer resource. However, factors such as development patterns, establishment of parks where hunting is prohibited, regulations that severely restrict or preclude hunting and landowner decisions not to allow hunting have resulted in population increases in some areas. The consequences of deer overabundance are well known and include excessive damage to crops, gardens and residential landscaping, and an increased incidence of deer/vehicle collisions. Excessive deer numbers can also adversely impact native vegetation and other species of wildlife. For example, forest regeneration can be inhibited or altered by excessive deer browsing and thus impact ground-nesting birds.

Comment

Working...
                                X