No announcement yet.

What a bunch of '*****....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And do you think that they are more than a few hundred there, Diss? You wouldn't even be able to have a 'strip' without A/C. It's why that area wasn't developed for so long.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• the place I work first opened with swamp coolers. That's all we had back in the 50's.

But most people don't like swamp coolers. They fell out of popular use. A/C is king where I live. I admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
        I disagree, having had to live with it most of my life.
        Okay, you know more about it than me, but I thought you had said that it was a great system.
        Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
          Okay, you know more about it than me, but I thought you had said that it was a great system.
          It's okay, provided you live in a busy neighborhood and don't need to transfer to a bus after the train.

Basically, the city is too spread out and the ridership too low to have busses/trains running as frequently as they should. It really adds up if you need to take a trip via bus -> train -> bus (very common, I may add).

You wait up to 30 minutes for your first bus, drive on the bus through an entire neighborhood or two, then to the train station.

Then you wait up to 15 minutes for a train, and take it for up to 45 minutes (depending on how far you go).

Then you wait up to 30 minutes again for a bus, and drive on that through a neighborhood or two til you get to your stop.

Quite painful.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
          X