Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time to take out the Dear Overmind
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I'd avoid using the Yamato Cannons, because you might alienate your allies in the region. They're touchy about that, you know.
      B♭3

Comment

It's Tunguska all over again!
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          Smaller than the Hiroshima cloud? Are you sure...the Hiroshima bomb was fairly small...
          the mushroom cloud was 5km in diameter there.

"The top of the atomic cloud reached an altitude of 17,000 meters. " thats about 10 and a half miles high.

It doesnt have the 5km radius figure, I'm still looking for where that came from, but it seems reasonable.

Comment

theres a pictorial representation of the cloud on a graph with height and distance.

Comment

Smiley, don't you think you're going a bit overboard in the latest NW?

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

its smaller then the Hiroshima cloud.
                  No, it's rather twice as large.

Well, if we really want to get complicated- the North Koreans were planning to test a nuke, but the test went wrong, and it occured next to a bunch of military installations full of rocket fuel and high explosives, hence a gigantic boom.
                  and ironically enough, that's about as "logical" an alternative explanation available. This was an atomic test of >50~ kilotons, and the public gets to learn of it like an incremental walk into shocking cold water

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka

No, it's rather twice as large.

and ironically enough, that's about as "logical" an alternative explanation available. This was an atomic test of >50~ kilotons, and the public gets to learn of it like an incremental walk into shocking cold water
                    Zylka how big is the Hiroshima cloud? I'm working under the figures that I saw from another forum that it was 5km in diameter. and this thing is around 4km in diameter.

Comment

The mushroom cloud wasn't that large, it is saying that the most critical damage occurred within that radius...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                        The mushroom cloud wasn't that large, it is saying that the most critical damage occurred within that radius...
                        huh?
                        "The cloud measured 3.5 to 4 kilometres in diameter, an unidentified diplomatic source told Yonhap . "

that seems to be the cloud.

Comment

And you guys whine about Iraq casualties, you couldn't stomach an NK/US war.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

nobody i know seriously contemplates an NK/US war... at least, not in regards to regime change in NK...
                            B♭3

Comment

If I had a penny every time a poytubbie advocated invading NK before Iraq I would be rich.
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

anyone seen the picture so far? no. anyone felt the seismic acitivty? no.

so it probably didn't even happen. just a test to see how the people react. and they don't seem to be too shocked.

Comment

Working...
                                X