Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The tactics of Kerry-bashing and Savior from Terrorism worked: Bush has 11 point lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tactics of Kerry-bashing and Savior from Terrorism worked: Bush has 11 point lead

Campaign 2004: Bush Opens Double-Digit Lead
    TIME Poll: Among likely voters, 52% would vote for President George Bush, while 41% would vote for John Kerry and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader

Friday, Sep. 03, 2004
    New York: For the first time since the Presidential race became a two person contest last spring, there is a clear leader, the latest TIME poll shows. If the 2004 election for President were held today, 52% of likely voters surveyed would vote for President George W. Bush, 41% would vote for Democratic nominee John Kerry, and 3% would vote for Ralph Nader, according to a new TIME poll conducted from Aug. 31 to Sept. 2. Poll results are available on TIME.com and will appear in the upcoming issue of TIME magazine, on newsstands Monday, Sept. 6.

Most important issues: When asked what they consider are the most important issues, 25% of registered voters cited the economy as the top issue, followed by 24% who cited the war on terrorism as the top issue. The situation in Iraq was rated the top issue by 17% of registered voters, moral values issues such as gay marriage and abortion were the top issue for 16% of respondents, and health care was the most important issue for 11% of respondents.

Bush vs. Kerry:
    The economy: 47% trust President Bush more to handle the economy, while 45% trust Kerry.
    Health care: 48% trust Senator Kerry to handle health care issues, while 42% trust Bush.
    Iraq: 53% trust Bush to handle the situation in Iraq, while 41% trust Kerry.
    Terrorism: 57% trust Bush to handle the war on terrorism, while 36% trust Kerry.
    Understanding the needs of people: 47% said they trust Kerry to understand the needs of people like themselves, while 44% trusted Bush to understand their needs.
    Providing strong leadership: 56% said they trust Bush to provide strong leadership in difficult times, while 37% said they trust Kerry to provide leadership in difficult times.
    Tax policy: 49% trust Bush to handle tax policy, while 40% trust Kerry.
    Commanding the Armed Forces: 54% said they trust Bush to be commander-in-chief of the armed forces, while 39% said they trust Kerry.

Bush on the Issues:
    Iraq: Half (50%) of those surveyed approve of the way President Bush is handling the situation in Iraq, while 46% disapprove. In last week’s TIME poll, 48% approved of the way Bush was handling the situation in Iraq and 48% disapproved.
    Terrorism: Almost two thirds (59%) said they approve of how President Bush is handling the war on terrorism, while 38% disapprove. Last week’s TIME poll found 55% approved of Bush’s handling of the war on terrorism, while 40% disapproved.
    The Economy: Survey respondents were split on the President’s handling of the economy. Almost half (48%) said the approved of Bush’s handling of the economy, while 48% said the disapproved.

Other results include:
    Was U.S. Right Going to War with Iraq? Over half of those surveyed (52%) think the U.S. was right in going to war with Iraq, while 41% think the U.S. was wrong to go to war.

Have the United States’ actions in Iraq made the world safer? Almost half (45%) think the United States’ actions in Iraq have made the world safer, while 45% think the world is more dangerous. In a similar TIME poll taken Aug. 3 – 5, over half (52%) said the world was more dangerous, and 38% said the world was safer.
    When Democrats bash Bush, they lose support. When Republicans (and Zell Miller) bash Kerry, they win support. Something's not right with this picture.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

My people are stupid.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

So Bush supposedly gains 4 points, (pre-convention of 48%) while Kerry loses 6% supposedly (form 47%), meaning Kerry has taken a bit hit among undecideds.

Now, lest begin by saying this is a Times Magazine poll, which means it is not worth much and I will wait for more comprehensive Gallup and Zogby polls which shall come out soon enough.

But TEF is sadly correct, a month of vicious attacks on Kerry has worked. That an a month of anemic action by the Kerry campaign.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Bush has gotten a lot of carefully controlled, carefully scripted media exposure, while nothing seriously has ****ed up in the world at the same time - at least nothing that has even the vaguest connection to Bush.

In other words, Bush has gotten lucky for the moment. And it's a long 9 weeks and three days to the election.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Kerry can;t count on disasters for him to come ahead-cause then the republicans will pounce and call his a campaign built of misery or some other crap.

Kerry has to take off the gloves- rpeublicans keep this crap going of "irrational bush bashing" somehow being a negaitve, but the fact is nasty negative campaigning works- just look at what the republicans have just done to Kerry.

The dems ned to declare all out war on Bush, and come out with hardhitting ads- on Bush lossing jobs, on Bush underfunidng his domestic promises of 2000, on the deficit, and on hundreds of US servicemen and women dying unnecessarily due to admin. screwups, incompetence and corruption.

Comment

I think that Bush is handling right with war in Iraq and terrorism. I'm not sure as about economy as i live outside US.
            money sqrt evil;
            My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

They should just play this video over and over

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

He had pulled ahead before the first day of the convention. I'm waiting for at least 5 days after the convention to see if it had any decent effect.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                  Bush has gotten a lot of carefully controlled, carefully scripted media exposure, while nothing seriously has ****ed up in the world at the same time - at least nothing that has even the vaguest connection to Bush.

In other words, Bush has gotten lucky for the moment. And it's a long 9 weeks and three days to the election.
                  It's amazing one can **** up so big and then have a few lucky moments and get reelected again

Comment

People have already labelled Bush as not so smart- but most people don't care, and if anything are put off by intelligent leaders- no one wins by touting how smart they are This voters seeing Bush being dumb don't care.

Comment

We'll see if this lead sticks. It's a nice bounce, no doubt.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The democrats chose their pathetic candidate.
                        Pentagenesis for Civ III
                        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
                        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

certainly won;t last, and again, we have yet to see the real polls, since a lot of this was done DURING the convention. At the same time, by going this late and by controlling the press for a whole month the republicans have had a huge advantage- Kerry will not be able to dominate the press with anything so drastically as the right has done during the last month- and anything so big as to dominate from now on will invariably depress the time Kerry has to go on the attack. Only if the karge event is a total unmitigated disaster for Bush (like say, bunch of terrorist getting into the capitol and blowing it up), would confidence in Bush collapse.

Comment

If Kerry was a pathetic candidate to have chosen, the various polls would show Bush having a much larger, more dramatic lead.

But on another note, all of these polls are getting way too tiring.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

For your information:
                              Methodology: The TIME Poll was conducted August 31 – September 2 by telephone among a random sample of 1,316 adults, including 1,128 reported registered voters and 926 likely voters. The margin of error for registered voters is +/- 3% points, and +/- 4% points for likely voters. Schulman, Ronca, & Bucuvalas (SRBI) Public Affairs conducted the poll, and more complete results are attached.

Always important to cast a glance on the methology. Seems to me that TIME might need a crash cource in maths as 1,128+926=1316.

Comment

Working...
                              X