No announcement yet.

World Cup of Hockey '04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah... I hope you all enjoyed the World Cup, because the lock out in the NHL is scheduled to start today... sigh....
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• IIRC, Canada never trailed behind in scoring in any of the game. Impressive.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris
        IIRC, Canada never trailed behind in scoring in any of the game. Impressive.

Your recollection is correct. Teams tied them on many occasions but they NEVER trailed.
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

It helps a lot when you have an all-star team that reduces the shots on goal against teams like Slovakia...
          I wouldn't go slamming Slovakia too hard-- In their short history as a hockey nation they have had several strong results at world championships.

In addition, every other goalie out there played either Germany or Slovakia and so had an equal chance to help their stats
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Last comment . . . where is pekka? For a few days he posted here constantly. I expected he would have at least a few closing comments

Comment

• The first goal in the final was amazing. Mario has the softest touch of any ****ing skater ever.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Except maybe one...
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I had to work during the game.

The screaming lunatic that ran by outside let me know the outcome right away, though.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Lecavalier as MVP? what a bunch of BS. I expected this to go for the winning team, but Lecavalier? Oh well.

I was kind of disappointed. Of course you looked this game with red and white glasses on, but scoring chances were about the same, same with the shots too. We just made the big mistakes that cost 3 goals. Of course, the awesome goal by Ruutu was a huge misgtake on Canada's defense, namely Niedermayer who launched himself and played out, a super mistake that cost a goal. I just feel, the mistakes we did were too obvious... and the team was dsappointed afterwards, because they felt they coudl have played a lot better.. but of course they couldn't because Canada was better and outplayed Finland.

But the interviewer was full of BS as well.. after the second period she was like 'so, after you controlled and dominated first 19 minutes and then they tie the game back to 2-2..'.. what the **** was she watching for the first 19 minutes? I guess he needs to learn about hockey, and just because she is Canadian doesn't make her expert, the ****ing ***** should be shot for making such a stupid comment anyway. what an arrogant ****. I choke her myself. Yeah, Canada was better, that's not the question. But she needs to die anyway. punkass *****
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                    X