A new game.. I call it.. WHO SAID IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proust?
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

• Zola?

edit - damn, i googled it, its not Zola, the guy who said was actually a name that came to mind, but then I said it couldnt be him no. Well, Im surprised.
      Last edited by lord of the mark; August 31, 2004, 13:38.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Okay, clue 2 (sorry I'm so slow; one of teh perils of living in a 3rd-world country is a spotty internet connection):

It's a Nobel Prize winner
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• No idea.

De Gaulle?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Wow, I googled that quote up - damn the French guys can be depressive. But this guy is one of their best men .
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Pauster?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Sorry, no. Would it help to know he died in a car crash?

I'll be off-line for the next few hours. Sorry.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

• Ok, I give up, and I peaked.

I never would have guessed him. I think I heard the name before... but that's it.

Comment

• Sartre?
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Very close, Spiffor. Actually, I think he once also said, "If Sarte's an existentialist, then I'm not."

Comment

• Err...

Beckett maybe?
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
                          Ok, I give up, and I peaked.

I never would have guessed him. I think I heard the name before... but that's it.
                          Read some of him, if you have the chance. It's a good read.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                            Sartre?
                            =

Sarte won a Nobel?? Cmon Spiff, think!!!!
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Ah, yes Albert Camus then ?

Edit: duh, how could I not connect the car-crash?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
                                Ah, yes Albert Camus then ?
                                Yay for Spiff

Comment

Working...
                                X