Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a way, I don't get it. Kerry is running for president and publishes a book full of exaggerations and lies concerning his record in Vietnam that he knows, or at least should know, that his fellows in Vietnam would read. What did he expect, to get away with it?
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Pat Cadell, Democrat polster, was on one of the talk shows last night. He also questioned Kerry's judgment about relying on being a "hero" in the Vietnam war as that war was extremely devisive and was bound to pick at the scabs of wounds that have yet to heal.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        I see that the despicable anti-American communist John Glenn, has asked Bush to condemn the SB ads as an insult to all veterans.

Won't these pinko America-haters ever shut up?
        Actually I am with Berzerker on this. I am a Vietnam vet and Democrat or Republican means nothing to me, nor does it matter if Bush is reelected. What does matter is that a pretender has fabricated his record in order to appear as some great military leader while he presumes to speak for the majority of vets. I think the ads should be run until Kerry is exposed as the fraud he is. And I don't care what Bush, McCain, John Glen or all of Kerry's hacks thinks of any of it. The truth still means something to a few people in this country regardless of the political repurcussions.

Comment

Lincoln, I understand why Kerry wants to suppress these ads. I don't understand why Bush wants to suppress them.

Further, the whole issue is about character. This is NOT an unimportant issue. When Bush says he would prefer to talk about the important issues, he is doing exactly what his Dad did with Clinton, ignore the real issue in that campaign, Clinton's demonstrated lack of integrity.

Bush can't really believe that "integrity" is unimportant, can he? It makes one wonder.

Comment

I think that Kerry has threatened Bush with some old photos or something. He did say that all stops were out if Bush persisted in not calling back these ads (as if Bush was behind the whole thing). Bush is trying to appear presidential and rise above it. Meanwhile the ads continue and Kerry self destructs in his response to them. May the best man win. Bush will apparently win by default. I look for a landslide victory courtesy of John Kerry.

Comment

It's going to be tough for Bush to get a "landslide" victory considering many of the largest states won't vote Republican until hell freezes over
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Lincoln,

In order for the best man to win, one of them has to be good.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

OOH, OOH, the circlejerk increases in intensity! How sad, must be how this issue is already becoming 3rd poage news everywhere but on the papers of Newscorp
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

[soapbox]

Who the **** gives a **** about what happened over 30 years ago?! The election is about the next four years, not ****ing Vietnam!

[/soapbox]
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Apparently a whole slew of undecided voters that have resulted in a 7-10 point swing for Bush.
                      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

If your an undesided Voter after the last 4 years you must be completly brain dead.
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

You know passing insults around regarding intelligence, or lack thereof, is usually taken more seriously if spelled correctly vis-a-vis undesided = undecided & completly = completely
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

What the...? "The braggart"?! I was expecting "the commie", "the terrorist", "the baby eater", "the Russian spy", "the heretic"..."The Braggart" is kind of weak.
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              When Bush says he would prefer to talk about the important issues, he is doing exactly what his Dad did with Clinton, ignore the real issue in that campaign, Clinton's demonstrated lack of integrity.

Bush can't really believe that "integrity" is unimportant, can he? It makes one wonder.
                              True, integrity is an important issue. Particulary so when the people make a choice between two persons (or a third candidate, if they want to throw their vote away). But wouldn't you agree with me thatit should - in an ideal world at least - be up to the people to judge the candidates integrity? After all, the other candidate, and his (or her) election machine, is hardly an objective source of information in that issue.

(and I'm sorry if a lot of valuable and insighrful comments have been made while I was writing this post. My mother called in the middle of it, and even if she talks for hours, you can't really say that you can't speak to your mother because you're writing a post about the american election on an obscure internet forum)

Comment

What we have here is two right wing candidates *****ing about who is the biggest *******? Great.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X