Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molly, people like you should not be complaining that others are arseholes.

Discuss the TOPIC... NOT THE POSTERS!

Thanks, Ming.

LMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Molly, you are now on my ignore list.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
        Molly, you are now on my ignore list.

Imran, I done beat you!

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• After 43 days of silence, Kerry has finally done another interview with the press. Predictably, it starts off with a lie about the Bush Adminstration...

TIME
          This past month has been pretty brutal for you, between the Swift Boat ads, the Republican Convention and the Vice President saying if you get elected, it would invite another terrorist attack. Have you come to any new conclusions about whom you're running against and what you have to do to win?

KERRY
          I think the President's unwillingness to walk away from those comments makes it clear that he and the Vice President will say anything and do anything to get elected and to hold on to power. It was a shameful and outrageous effort.

God, the media is ****ing unbelievable. Have they no shame?

Anyway, here's the rest of the interview...

KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• No questions about Kerry's time in Vietnam, but we do get this gem...

TIME
            Do you think President Bush shirked his duties during the Vietnam era?

KERRY
            I'm focused on the issues of now and today. The White House can answer questions they need to answer. I've answered all the questions I'll answer.

Thanks for asking the tough questions, Time. Why ask Kerry about his Vietnam record (about which there are far more question than Bush's) when you can try to keep alive a dying line of attack on the President? You're doing good work for the Spirit Squad.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Drake, yeah the out-and-out campaigning for the Democrats by the mainstream media is nothing short of scandalous. However, when has it ever been different? With the rise of Limbaugh and now FOX, at least there are other views on the air. Which explains, of course, why the demonstrators in NY demanded that FOX be silenced. So much for free speech from the left.
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Next round of ad buys from SBV's.

WASHINGTON — The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (search) are launching a new wave of attacks against Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry (search), FOX News has learned.

The group, which has been largely responsible for questioning the Massachusetts senator's Vietnam-era heroism, has made its largest media buy yet of the presidential campaign. It has put $1.2 million behind a new ad that attacks the candidate's 1970 meeting in Paris with members of two North Vietnamese delegations. The ads, which will be launched Wednesday, will run on broadcast affiliates in the battleground states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Nevada and New Mexico.

The ads come as controversy continues to swirl around questionable documents aired by CBS purporting to show that President Bush (search) shirked his Vietnam-era Texas Air National Guard (search) service and received special treatment to get into the unit. FOX News analysts have said the memos are forgeries.

The Kerry campaign has acknowledged that Kerry traveled to Paris in 1970 with his then new wife, Julia Thorne. Kerry's campaign said the meetings were not part of any negotiation with the enemy but were part of Kerry's fact-finding efforts relating to the war and ways to win the release of U.S. prisoners of war.

Historian Gerald Nicosia has told FOX News that Kerry made a second trip to Paris in 1971 for many of the same reasons Kerry's campaign has cited for the 1970 trip. Kerry's camp denies a Kerry meeting with the North Vietnamese in the summer of 1971.

According to a Denver Post article dated Aug. 26, 1971, Kerry, in a speech to the National Student Association Congress at Colorado State University, said he had just returned from a trip to Paris to talk with delegates at the peace talks and said North Vietnamese delegates seem to have "a certain resignation" toward President Nixon's proposed trip to China.

Some Kerry critics have alleged he violated the Uniform Code of Military Justice (search) by meeting with the North Vietnamese while still a reserve officer with the U.S. Navy. Kerry had been placed on inactive status with the Navy in January 1970. Kerry's campaign said the Code of Military Justice did not apply to him because he was on inactive duty status.

The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group has said it will run ads attacking Kerry's Vietnam record through Election Day.

Following is text from the ad, titled "Friends."

Opens With: Footage of Jane Fonda

Cuts To: Stills of Kerry, protesters, then Kerry testifying

Cuts to: Fonda at a press conference

Announcer: "Even before Jane Fonda (search) went to Hanoi to meet with the enemy and mock America, John Kerry secretly met with enemy leaders in Paris. Though we were still at war and Americans were being held in North Vietnamese prison camps. Then, he returned and accused American troops of committing war crimes on a daily basis. Eventually Jane Fonda apologized for her activities, but John Kerry refuses to. In a time of war, can America trust a man who betrayed his country?"
                Apologies in advance for offending anyone's sensibilities for posting something from Fox News. OTOH it seems a factual accounting of upcoming events.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Alright, Kerry apologists, why would a leader of the antiwar movement meet with the government of the enemy?

Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Apologies in advance for offending anyone's sensibilities for posting something from Fox News. OTOH it seems a factual accounting of upcoming events.

You'll have to do a better apology than that -- have you no shame?
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

You'll have to do a better apology than that -- have you no shame?
                      No not really.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• sigh

Comment

• Apparently some people are terminally bored with trying to defend Kerry in the face of mounting contrary evidence.
                          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• 8 more spams err..... highly insightful and meaningful posts and we can create: John Kerry The Traitor: Unfit for Command part 5.

Comment

• bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                                Apparently some people are terminally bored with trying to defend Bush in the face of mounting contrary evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X