• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    Pillage, then burn.
    Timing is everything.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• What is George Soros' business?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• 'Businessman' was perhaps the wrong choice of word, but no matter. He make gobs of money in a year that most of us won't see in our entire lives.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs
            'Businessman' was perhaps the wrong choice of word, but no matter. He make gobs of money in a year that most of us won't see in our entire lives.
            Like drug cartelmasters
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• 'Businessman' was perhaps the wrong choice of word

Exactly what I was driving at...

edit: Maybe this was what Hastert was hinting at. From Drosedars' link...

Critics point out that Soros plays the currency markets through Quantum Fund, his privately-owned investment fund registered in Curaçao, Netherlands Antilles, a Caribbean tax haven which has repeatedly been cited by the International Task Force on Money Laundering of the OECD as one of the world's most important centers for laundering the illegal proceeds of the Latin American drug trade. By operating from Curaçao, Soros not only avoids paying taxes but also hides the nature of his investors and what he does with their money.

He may not be proven to be in cahoots with Latin American drug dealers, but he sure acts like one.
              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; August 31, 2004, 04:48.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Patroklos -
                All the Bush commercials I have seen simple tell you Kerry's Senete voting record, and if that is deemed negative then Kerry shoudl have voted differently. Now you can lean on that simple information for whatever point of view you want to convey, but the basic facts given were correct. Bush's opionion of those facts is exactly what I want to hear. And visa vers for Kerry.
                Just one example of a Bush ad that didn't convey the truth - the ad claims Kerry missed %76 of intelligence committee hearings in the year following 9/11. That was "calculated" by how many times he spoke at a hearing, not attendance. The same ad claims he missed almost all intel hearings during the next year...

At least Bush's own adds have something to do with current problems, ie mostly taxes. EVERY Kerry commercial I have seen, originating from Kerry, deals with Vietnam.
                I can't debate what you've seen even if it conflicts with reality.

Ogie -
                You speak of the Bush camapaign in total not the individual candidates. Pleae use the appropriate references to either campaign or candidate.
                Are you suggesting he doesn't even have control over his own campaign?

Bush has (prolly for propiety sake and because he can via bully pulpit) been the modicom of restraint in comparison to the plethora of smear attacks done not only by the Dem party (surrogates and affiliates) but the individual candidates.
                Like how he showed restraint when running against McCain? Yes, he showed restraint - he restrained himself from demanding an accounting of the smear merchants who were spreading lies about McCain so Bush could win. We were treated to months of Bush ads claiming Kerry wanted to raise taxes blah blah blah and only later did we find out that the people tabulating those statistics were using bogus numbers. Kerry claims he wants to eliminate the recent tax cut for wealthier people, but Bush doesn't want to deal with that issue so we see him go after Kerry on a non-issue.

When given contradictory statements one ususally then looks at context. Contextually speaking he supported strongly Nixon and as such would have never implicated the crossing over into Cambodia.
                So he would have lied? He told Nixon he was in Cambodia, along the border. This conversation was caught on Nixon's taping system, the same system that helped bring Nixon down. This was not a conversation in front of reporters who would tell Americans that O'Neill admitted being in Cambodia...

You prefer to think his inappropriate phrasology to be a Fruedian slip, I on the other hand give him enough credit as a well spoken indivdual who more than held his own in debates against Kerry to be merely defining/refining his previous misspoken statement
                Actually, I'm the one giving him credit for being a well-spoken individual, he said he was in Cambodia and now he says he never was. The only thing that's changed is his comment about being in Cambodia was made in private to Nixon and now his story has changed since it has been made public...

No thats a reflection of what others on this board think of him.
                Can you reflect on what you think of him instead of reflecting for others?

If I have not covered this before it's expressly forbidden for two reasons IMO.

1) exactly what you espoused payoff or hush money.

2) because interrogating nonadvocacy 527 groups allows competitive intel (not to mention potential harassment and disruption of their right to free speach) that is to be prohibitted by the nature of the 527/candidate relationship. Heck if competetive intel weren't of such major import than why was Watergate such a big deal?
                Do you have evidence Kerry offered the guy money to stop the ads? And (2) is not coordinating, it's called opposition. You wouldn't describe Bush spies obtaining intel on the Kerry campaign as "coordinating" with Kerry, so why would Kerry be coordinating with SBVT by obtaining information about them? Kerry called a guy he thought would stand up for him and found out the guy was part of SBVT so Kerry asked him why. You think that's "coordinating"?

DRose -
                Drug cartels are in the business of producing, transporting, and selling illegal harmful drugs and violently killing people who get in their way.
                They are in the business of supplying a much sought after product. They can't help it if blue noses made it illegal thereby creating the mess called prohibition.

Comment

• I had no idea that the big money financing Democrat attack ads was drug money. Hopefully, McCain's so-to-be filed lawsuit will flesh this out a bit more.
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                    I had no idea that the big money financing Democrat attack ads was drug money. Hopefully, McCain's so-to-be filed lawsuit will flesh this out a bit more.
                    I'm not aware that Soros is a drug lord. He's an immoral **** who ruined the lifes of millions, but it was perfectly legal, and all right in our glorious capitalist economies.
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                      Delegates to the Republican National Convention found a new way to take a jab at Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's Vietnam service record: by sporting adhesive bandages with small purple hearts on them.

...Kerry's campaign quickly responded to the purple heart bandages, saying the Republicans are "mocking our troops."

"The smear continues on the floor of Madison Square Garden," a Kerry campaign statement trumpeted.

...Kerry has called on President Bush to denounce the swift boat veterans' ads....
                      Are there really people out there who seriously want this overgrown crybaby, sniveling, whiner (and those are his good points) to be president?

Comment

• Better than the moronic crusader we have now.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• And that, folks, is how we ended up with Jimmy Carter.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• At least be original, Arrian.

Comment

• Bush's administration, IMO, has been a nearly unmitigated disaster for this country. There are many reasons for this, but "moronic crusader" gets the point across.

That's not original, of course, but it IS my opinion.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                And that, folks, is how we ended up with Jimmy Carter.
                                In an election between Jimmy and Duyba, you better believe I'd vote for Jimmy in a heartbeat.

-Arrian

Comment

Working...
                                X