Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I start smoking marijuana regularly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I start smoking marijuana regularly?

I'm thinking of taking up the drug. I no longer have to drive in the course of my job, so the chance of a drug test is slim. Though if I get injured in a workplace accident, I may still have to take a drug test. If I fail, I will be fired (and could jeapordize my career with my union as well).

I heard pot helps with social anxiety? Is this true? I also hear it helps with pain. Not that I have much (though my back hurts from time to time).
    Yes man
    36.00%
    No way
    50.00%
    oh go smoke a banana!
    14.00%

I voted for banana btw

Comment

my freind who smokes pot regularly gets really paranoid when he smokes and doesn't like to be arround people

so don't use it expecting it to help your social anxiety (it might, I just know it doesn't always)

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have no problem recommending smoking pot. So sure, take it up.

It may not help with your social anxiety... it may make you more paranoid.

It's not addictive... I drink mochas way more often than I smoke pot.
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

so far you are the only one who thinks you should go gay

I am not sure what that means

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re: Should I start smoking marijuana regularly?

Originally posted by Dissident
            I heard pot helps with social anxiety?
            If by helps you mean it helps it come about, yeah. Pot makes you paranoid, you dork.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

it wont help with social anxiety - and by regular, do you mean once a day, or twice a week or what? no once a day thats for sure.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Diss, are you an idiot?!
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

It really depends on what you consider "regular". If you smoke at night, its not as bad as if you smoke during the day. Me, it comes down to money...I'm a college student, thus marijuana is not as plentiful as I would like.

Still...I don't ever allow it to get in the way of work, school, or theatre. I strongly advise against smoking before work/school, only because if you smoke then you'll have nothing holding you back from being stoned 24/7.

EDIT: However, there's nothing wrong with a toke a night if there's nothing else to do...just like a six-pack a night isn't necessarily a bad thing (except for your liver).
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Pot ain't that cheap that I'd recommend using it regularly. Though if you do, bake it or use a water bong, this reduces the harmful side effects.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                      It really depends on what you consider "regular". If you smoke at night, its not as bad as if you smoke during the day. Me, it comes down to money...I'm a college student, thus marijuana is not as plentiful as I would like.

Still...I don't ever allow it to get in the way of work, school, or theatre. I strongly advise against smoking before work/school, only because if you smoke then you'll have nothing holding you back from being stoned 24/7.

EDIT: However, there's nothing wrong with a toke a night if there's nothing else to do...just like a six-pack a night isn't necessarily a bad thing (except for your liver).
                      I would never smoke before work/school! That's like drinking before work/school. My work does require a decent amount of focus. I sometimes work with electricity. 110 and 266 v.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                        Diss, are you an idiot?!
                        do you really want me to answer that?

Comment

Hey man, just sayin'...there are two or three people (above the age of 30) who go to work stoned regularly...I had a sub teacher, around 50 years of age, who came to school stoned half the time. I believe he's living in Amsterdam now.

He was a huge Green supporter...
                          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I hear smoking banana peals can get you high.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, myth.

Diss, if you ask that question seriously, I think that yes, you should start smoking on regular basis because you can't damage your brain any further .
                              In da butt.
                              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                              X