Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoA: YOU can watch it on ESPN. I prefer to get quality announcing, so I'M gonna watch it on NESN.
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
      btw, i heard that what varitek said to payrod to get him all ticked off was

"we dont throw at .260 hitters"
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

• Wow... just saw a state on ESPN: The Red Sox has 41 consecutive games where their starters have gone 5+ innings . Second is St. Louis with 20 straight, and it falls off sharply from there.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• ...and now the streak is broken. Blah.
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• LoA: YOU can watch it on ESPN. I prefer to get quality announcing, so I'M gonna watch it on NESN
            espn cverage was crap - first they miss the top half of the first cuz of the kobe case, then they cut out of the red sox 5th i think to show more of that crap. i wanted to call them up and yell at them.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
              ...and now the streak is broken. Blah.
              They jinxed it!

But the Sox still won... that's 8 straight, I believe.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• yanks almost got scalped again tonite. even with el duque.
                but what can i say

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET EMMOOOOOOOOOOOOTIIIIOOONN
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• from the boston dirt dawgs

NEW YORK, DONT LOOK BACK NOW
                  Attached Files

Comment

• I'll have to keep that!
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

• tonite was sweet emotion

tomorrow, its

sweeeeeeeeeep emoooooooooootion

Comment

• This brings me to the only competant starting pitcher currently employed by the Yankees: the reincarnation (or perhaps reanimation via necromancy) of El Duque, Orlando Hernandez. He's good for about 6 innings of solid pitching.
                        I love El Duque. 7 innings, 3 hits, 7 strikeouts, 2 walks, 1 run. He does this despite having - at best - average "stuff." And that's why I love him. He throws a 90mph fastball, then a 52mph curveball. He throws over the top, he throws sidearm, he throws everywhere inbetween.

LoA: whatever Varitek said to A-Rod, remember that is was Varitek who threw the first punch. So A-Rod's comeback must've hit a nerve...

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• yeah, arod, said "you ****er, you mother****er, you mother****er, you ****er, you mother****er, lets go, lets go you mother****er" so varitek obliged. looks like payrod got more than he could handle. so did tanyon sturtze, and same last year with don zimmer, . all of them got manhandled.

yeah, el duque's 52 mph curve is unbelievable. but we'll steal their signs.

Comment

• there must be rampant inflation in america if a $180 million payroll isnt enough to buy 3 good starting pitchers

Comment

• btw, Aug 16th, the day the comeback began, is the day that babe ruth died in 1948 - (elvis also died on this day in 1977)

maybe the curse is dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                                LAR-EEEE
                                you must be a Mets fan.....

Suprised to learn that Chippers most recent child was named after his favorite stadium to play in..... Shea stadium.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X