Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellhorn is not superior defensively to Cairo. I'd say the other way 'round.

Matsui has better range than Manny. This doesn't show up during your home games b/c left field at Fenway is so shallow. They both have weak arms.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• bellhorn is in the top 10, cairo isnt. his ZR is 2nd best in the league.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Bellhorn's range at 2B is 4.70, and his Zone Rating (percentage of balls hit into his area converted into outs) is .835. For Cairo, the same numbers are 5.07 and .784; for Wilson, 4.86 and .837. It doesn't seem that the increased range numbers for Cairo and Wilson are a result of more groundballs for the Yankees; the Red Sox have a G/F ratio of 1.27, the Yankees 1.12. (The total number of groundballs for each team is 1651 and 1596, respectively.) Overall, NYY 2B have a range of 4.96 and a ZR of .810; Boston 2B have a range of 4.85 and a ZR of .834.

As for Manny vs. Matsui, Manny's range and ZR are 1.65 and .731. Matsui's are 2.04 and .848. Then again, they have the same defensive value according to Win Shares, despite the fact that Manny has played ~300 fewer innings in left than Matsui. Go figure.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• I stand corrected on Cairo, then. See, I went with my "gut" by just judging them on what I've seen, rather than stats.

Matsui... I think it's blatantly obvious he's better.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• but since cairo hasnt played enough games at 2B, he in an unqualified 2B, so his numbers are off and arnt included in the leaders.
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

bellhorn is in the top 10, cairo isnt. his ZR is 2nd best in the league.
              Cairo doesn't show up because he hasn't played enough innings to qualify; his FPCT is better than Bellhorn's, granting that fielding percentage is a junk stat anyways, IMHO.

Comment

• In defense, they are not horribly far apart, yes, but offensively it's no contest. Bellhorn is far superior to Wilson/Cairo.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• lackey is looking like the Wild Thing

wild thing you walk everything

Comment

• MAH MAH MAH MAH MAH MAAAANNNNNIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• nail biter in the bronz - this one could go either way!

Comment

• Looks like Vazquez got slapped around a bit.

...Sturtze just gave up a homer... to Coco Crisp. (You know you suck when...)

Comment

• That Indians team is quite schizo this year. yikes

Comment

• leads the league in runs scored.

Comment

• 22-0 cleveland
                              "

Comment

• Wow...that's quite a score. Hooray!
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X