Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont like mirabelli - he was with the giants a few years ago, and he wont be more than a backup catcher ever. he is just too weak in every element of the game - catching, hitting, defense, and throwing out runners. now of course hes better than dominique, or the emergency catcher (doug mientkievecixcxw) but id rather play it safe, give varitek 3 yrs, and then bring in shoppach - you never know if shoppach has a setback, and its better to be safe than sorry.

enrique is so bad, he reminds me of brian daubach - i have no idea how those guys get in the league cuz they cant do crap. jeter can move to 2nd, hes one of the lower ranked defensive 2nd basemen anyways.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I thought Jeter said he'd play tonight. I guess the elbow is pretty banged up, then, huh?

There will be no SS controversy, at least not while Torre is managing the Yankees.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Cathers develop slowly, and I think it would be wise to sign Varitek for three years and bring up the prospect as an understudy (think Girardi/Posada, except Varitek is a lot better than Girardi).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

jeter always wants to play - thats what makes him captain.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Did you just compliment Derek Jeter? I thought disparaging him was the duty of the Red Sox faithful. Or did that change once Nomar left?

The game preview says Jeter is "questionable" for tonight. I bet he sits tonight and plays again tomorrow.

-Arrian

Comment

he gets too much hype, but he always wants to play.

Comment

sox losing again, 3 - 2 to jays

Comment

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL! DOUG MIRABELLi THREE RUN SHOT TO LEFT yea yeaaah

Comment

So I walk into the locker room of the gym I go to, which has a TV, and I see Doug Mirabelli up, Jays are winning 3-2, and there are 2 on...and I say to myself "Doug's gonna get his 8th right here"...well, it took three pitches, but he hit it.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Timlin = Superb
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

timlin = gives up at least one run everytime he comes in, so you gotta have a two run lead before bringing him in

Comment

for some reason he always gets brought im - i mean bring in mendoza, or adams, or myers. timlin has proven that he doesnt have it rigght now, so give him a rest - he has like 60 appearances already, hes getting worked harder than mexican immigrants and hes getting scored on consistently.

Comment

Two strikeouts and a ground out to end a bases-loaded threat, and then a strikeout to begin the next inning.

He certainly had it tonight. I'd chok up the run to his being destracted by the runner on second, thinking that he was giving away the signs.

Comment

if he was worried about that, mirabelli should have used hand signals.

Comment

4.5 .... 4.5 .... 4.5 ....

Comment

Working...
                                X