X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, LoA, whatever you say.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Here in St Louis I thought the title meant the Yankees were regaining strength to be able to compete with the Cardinals for best record .

Comment

st louis is rolling- they are an offensive and defensive juggernaut - dont know about pitching tho.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

sox getting blown out by the jays, 3-0 top 9th
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

At least the Cubs are beating Milwaukee 5 - 0 in the Fifth
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

and a NO HITTER FOR ZAMBRANO through 6 IP

Comment

The Yanks starting pitching looks VERY shaky. It hasn't looked this bad since before their amazing run began. If it doesn't get straightened out, Steinbrenner will be angry in October again.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

correction . . . $teinbrenner.

Comment

That's alright...now that's we've had 6 straight wins, we needed that loss so that we could stop worrying about when the streak would end.

We're still on top of the Wild Card...right now...and we have 2 more of Blue Jays, 3 against the Tigers, and then the all important series' against Anaheim, Oakland, and Texas.

Oh, and we may be 6 behind the Yanks...but we still have 6 to play against them.
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

i smell yankee blood . . . and it smells like a benjamin

Comment

Funny...I smell yankee blood...and it smells scared
                        "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

If ya think the Yanks are scared, you are delusional TEF.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'm a Sox fan...if I didn't have my delusions, I wouldn't be a Sox fan

Comment

the question of the week is, how does a scrub like Enrique Wilson get a job in the league - the guy cant hit, cant run, and cant field. how is it that they get a major league contract?

Comment

He's a switch hitter who can (supposedly) play all over the infield. Thus, Joe Torre loves him. Joe's a good manager, but he has his faults.

I'd prefer it if Miguel Cairo got 99% of the 2nd base playing time. But Joe will run Enrique out there occasionally and there isn't a thing to be done about it.

Imran - yes, the starting pitching is terrible. Not just shaky. Terrible. Pull up Mike Mussina's stat page on ESPN. The man has an ERA over 5. Vasquez pitched well for a while but lately has been bad. Brown... eh. If he's healthy and pitching against a bad team he looks great. Otherwise (hurting and/or pitching against a contender) he looks like a mediocre 39-yr old pitcher. Jon Lieber is similar, and sure as hell isn't going to scare anyone in the postseason.

The best starting pitcher the Yankees have is El Duque, part duex. That's pretty damning (I love El Duque, but come on!). Thank goodness for Flash & Mo.

Like I said before, unless all of a sudden Mussina, Brown and Vasquez morph back into the pitchers they're supposed to be, the Yanks are due for a 1st round exit.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X