No announcement yet.

Woman fired for eating BLT at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought they could ask, but one doesn't have to answer. Or maybe that's just ethnicity.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• We are pscho when it comes to the seporation of religion and state here in the US. That's why she will win.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That's ethnicity
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Re: LOTM

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          As for Muslim population, we have more muslims per capita than you do IIRC

Checking:

580 000 out of 30 mill vs http://www.danielpipes.org/article/76 Something like 2 million out of 280 mill

It's odd that the US census is apparently not allowed to ask that question

im sure ive seen higher numbers than 2 million. But those numbers usually come from Muslim groups, with whom Mr. Pipes has his share of disagreements.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
            We are pscho when it comes to the seporation of religion and state here in the US. That's why she will win.
            a) No, you are less "psycho" than a lot of places

b) This is not state; this is corporation...
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
              We are pscho when it comes to the seporation of religion and state here in the US. That's why she will win.
              The firm was part of the state ? - i mean now, not after the commies are done with it
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Yes, but a corporation which is trying to force it's leaders religious views on employees. That won't fly.

Comment

• Re: Re: LOTM

Originally posted by lord of the mark

im sure ive seen higher numbers than 2 million. But those numbers usually come from Muslim groups, with whom Mr. Pipes has his share of disagreements.
                  The ones near 2 mill were the only scientific studies I've found quoted.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• My opinion: No corperation should force whatever religion it may endorse (in fact, it shouldnt endorse a religion) on others.
                    Employees should not force their religion on others, either.

The workplace should be a non-religious environment.
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

If she forced them to eat it, she would harm them. What was it that harmed them? The sight of it? The smell? If they are offended by it, they may build a separate lunch room for pork-eaters with double door and a separate ventilation system. Perhaps there should be a guard checking the people entering the building if there is no pork left between their teeth since their last meals. Burping, vomitting, gasing, kissing should be considered a religious offence.
                      Does the harmful effect of the pig stayes also after its parts are dissolved in stomach acid? If so, any pork-eater shouldn't be allowed to enter the building... or any Muslim quater... or any Muslim state... or any place on Earth inhabited by the pious ones. You never know who's ever eaten pork, perhaps even unintentionally. Meeting with people could be dangerous. No-one knows after how long time the pork spell wears out too. Perhaps never.
                      I see only one sollution: killing every pig in the world, so that no-one could eat it anymore, and then killing every living person in the world, in case they've commited the disgusting crime of eating a pork.
                      The pork molecules can not be stopped!

Comment

• Did some more searching, and same result:

high figures were all given by religious leaders. scientific surveys give 2 million
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          Most nonsensical post of the thread.
                          Thank You, but by the post I didn't mean I believe in it, so Your post was more nonsensical.
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

• The CUNY http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/key_findings.htm survey seems to be pretty well-run.

With a sample of 50 000 it ought to come fairly close to the actual numbers, as long as the sample was weighted properly...
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

Thank You, but by the post I didn't mean I believe in it, so Your post was more nonsensical.
                              I didn't think you did.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                                My opinion: No corperation should force whatever religion it may endorse (in fact, it shouldnt endorse a religion) on others.
                                Employees should not force their religion on others, either.

The workplace should be a non-religious environment.

Comment

Working...
                                X