Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any positive Muslim role models out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
    Cat Stevens.
    He wrote his most famous works before becoming a muslim. Many years ago, after Cat's conversion, when the Ayatollah Kohmeni issued a fatwah for the assassination of S. Rushdie, a reporter asked him if he would kill Ruhdie if he had a chance. Yusuf, aka Cat, replied that he would. I submit to you then that he's not such a great role model.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
      there was one fellow in Iraq, a cleric, who was a positive Muslim leader... I saw a biography about him on the History Channel. I forget his name, however he was an opponent of Muqtada Al-Sadr. He was calling for the creation of a secular Democracy in Iraq after Hussein was removed. He believed in a strict seperation of Islam and State. Unfortunately this man was assassinated in a bombing.
      Ayatollah Sistani?...however he is still alive
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Explain, with examples.
        Well are the British or English or what?

And would you hit it?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I see this spam fest is going to be over soon... and maybe some posters will go with it
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well would you hit it or not Ming ?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

molly:

i was just trying to get on spink's nerves by saying that the english are multicultural. i am well aware of the difference between the english and the british.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                Dr. Bashir, the Saviour of the Federation. (Invented cure for the desease that was killing the Founders)
                Thats Sadiq al Fadil? I heard he was Sudanese.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                  shut up Vince
                  What did I say?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Ayatollah Sistani?...however he is still alive
                    It isn't Sistani. Sava is correct but I can't recall the name. I can look it up if you like.

Comment

• You're taking a long time looking it up
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• He's gone to bed, just like any normal American. Jesu!
                        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

He wrote his most famous works before becoming a muslim. Many years ago, after Cat's conversion, when the Ayatollah Kohmeni issued a fatwah for the assassination of S. Rushdie, a reporter asked him if he would kill Ruhdie if he had a chance. Yusuf, aka Cat, replied that he would. I submit to you then that he's not such a great role model.
                          Then again, given the very large amounts of money he has raised for children's charities over the past 25 years, I'm inclined to forgive him that. After all, there are a few people I'd quite like to kill myself.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                            You're taking a long time looking it up
                            If you look you'll see I said I'd look it up "if you like". I don't think you ever asked.

I just looked it up anyway. I believe we were referring to Abdel Majid al-Khoei.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince278

Thats Sadiq al Fadil? I heard he was Sudanese.
                              That prevents him from being muslim how?
                              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• It doesn't. Its okay to be Muslim and Sudanese (aside from those pesky genocide accusations). He did change his name in the credits in later seasons to Alexander Siddig. I don't recall the exact reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X