No announcement yet.

BBC exposes BNP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree, but what a sensible level is is a matter of opinion. WRT asylum, all I have a problem with is illegals, who should be deported, IMHO. WRT immigration, I'd like a points system that's simple and works well.
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

• Originally posted by Drogue
      I don't think the BNP is the entirely racist organisation that it is somtimes portrayed as
      Given the pasts of its hierarchy and a deal of its membership, there is no need to 'portray' the party as racist- its racism and its racist antecedents speak for themselves.

Perhaps you haven't heard of the 1970s, and the National Front and the British Movement- same racism, different drag. I grew up in a Midlands town that was a centre for their repulsive recruiting campaigns and racist attacks- I fail to see how you can get much more racist than stabbing to death an Asian doctor.

Every so often the same bile and prejudice needs an update, so they glam it up with anti-Europeanism, or trying to appeal to a green vote, but the underlying hatred for foreigners remains the same- and they usually have to be darker skinned foreigners too, unless the BNP has taken to campaigning against overstaying white Aussie backpackers working illegally.

With parties like the BNP and the National Front and the British Movement I'm inclined to forget my usual Voltairean sentiments about disagreeing with what people say but supporting their right to say it- when you've seen the politics of race hatred in all its scummy sewer born efflorescence I say the only good racist is a dead one.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• A murder is a murder. Whether racism is implicated is irrelevant. Murder is murder and abhorrent.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Yeah, and a racist murder is still a racist murder. We're not talking about whether hate crimes should have greater punishments. Can I have a point please Bob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
            A murder is a murder. Whether racism is implicated is irrelevant.
            Your opinion does not reflect the reality of the British judicial system.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• "Your opinion does not reflect the reality of the British judicial system."

So? How some justifications for murder can be deemed better than others is crass.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• A judge can take any factors he chooses into consideration when sentencing.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• So? How some justifications for murder can be deemed better than others is crass.
                  Indeed, a punishment is not solely related to the crime since in modern judicial systems it takes account of the nature of that crime, not least the state of the person committing it. Someone who avenges the murder of his brother for example, is likely to receive less then someone who kills someone of another race in cold blood on the basis of that race, the latter would be deemed to need more correction, though I dislike retribution intensely.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Must make it quite unpredictable that!
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Not really.. same circumstances, same result, it's just there are more factors (that remain deterministic) than your simplistic logic allows for.
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

• So Whaleboy, a judge can't take any factors he chooses into consideration when sentencing.

If it's deterministic based on factors... Or does the judge have some bearing?
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Of course, but the judge isn't any idiot from the street. Now, while I agree that you can't predetermine the sentence with mathematical precision, you can know roughly when you know what the judge does. A good judge will affect his sentencing based on the situation, not upon his own whim. Someone that appears to need more correction will get it, though the crime itself was identical to another, whose convict got a lesser punishment.

Comment

"Your opinion does not reflect the reality of the British judicial system."

So? How some justifications for murder can be deemed better than others is crass.
                            A woman murders the man who raped her and disfigured her face.

A man murders (by mercy killing) his elderly wife who has Alzheimer's and cancer and has previously told him she did not want to live in such a state.

A man kills a paedophile who raped and murdered his son.

A doctor 'murders' a terminally ill patient by administering a helpful dose of a morphine derivative.

None of these are fictional, and I suspect a great many people would have much sympathy with many of the people in these situations.

What a wonderful, ah, BLACK and WHITE world you live in- except when it comes to you of course- then we're meant to excuse your crassly offensive remarks about immigrants 'breeding' criminals (where, I wonder, in special farms, perhaps?) as your 'political opinion' rather than the ignorant racist trash it is.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• "A doctor 'murders' a terminally ill patient by administering a helpful dose of a morphine derivative."

I suggest a racist attack is on a par with this. The other three have some kind of vengeance motive. Murders with no prior reason should be held on the same level.

So if someone killed a white man because he looked at him in the wrong way..then that is as bad as someone who kills someone because he is Asian, black, white or whatever (as racist attacks are more common on whites in UK).
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"A doctor 'murders' a terminally ill patient by administering a helpful dose of a morphine derivative."

I suggest a racist attack is on a par with this. The other three have some kind of vengeance motive. Murders with no prior reason should be held on the same level.

So if someone killed a white man because he looked at him in the wrong way..then that is as bad as someone who kills someone because he is Asian, black, white or whatever (as racist attacks are more common on whites in UK).
                                Please provide figures showing the majority of racist attacks in the United Kingdom having been carried out by non-whites on whites, and by figures, I don't mean whatever you cobbled together from a friend of a friend and the general consensus amongst the sheep in Llandrindod Wells.

You suggest a racially motivated murder is on a par with a mercy killing- of course, how could I failed to have noticed! All those black folks lynched in the Deep South were just throwing themsleves into nooses, they were so demoralised with being unable to get into Harvard and the crackers were just doing them a favour.

And I suppose the Asian doctor stabbed to death by neo-nazi skinheads near my friend's house threw himself on the knife repeatedly because he was really just tired of not only being a community doctor, but also doing voluntary work with the homeless in his spare time. Those slope browed morons were doing him a favour, he just didn't realize it.

Oh, I love the 'someone kills a white man because he looked at him the wrong way' line. It's quintessentially you, and I'm sure you'll gather I mean to pay you no compliment by saying that.

Comment

Working...
                                X