BBC exposes BNP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Park Avenue
    Same difference when it comes to trying to provide the political opposition that no other main party will.
    Surely there is a fundamental difference between living and dead people.

How would Nelson Mendela continued to be the political opposition in South Africa if he had been dead?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• UR, the living are no opposition when they are silenced.

PH
      Stew - look at it this way - the evidence is compelling against him: a taped confession to committing the act corroborated with police evidence and events. I can't see there is much he can pull off against that. What do you think a jury will think? Bear in mind they are unlikely to be remotely sympathetic to the BNP 'cause'.
      i) Make a prediction of likely punishment then.

ii) The BNP are a legitimate political party. Their members should not have their trials biased for being a member of them.

You know, I would have thought you left-liberals would have better knowledge of times when those with unpopular beliefs have been persecuted and attacked. You don't seem to like the church very much Rich, yet their past behaviour is paralleled with what you are supporting here.

Makes me wonder what your "principles" are exactly.
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• His membership of the BNP isn't an issue in his trial.

The fact that the BNP is full of members like this but tries to deny it with their public face is a valid issue that people need to be told about.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue

Even so, I'm wondering with your superior background, why you can't seem to state what will happen with this chap. I mean, you make it seem so open-and-shut, shall we say.
          Because of R v Ponting.

Establishing guilt is not the same as establishing "what will happen to him". Unless we have a psychic present, that's a question that remains to be answered.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
            His membership of the BNP isn't an issue in his trial.

The fact that the BNP is full of members like this but tries to deny it with their public face is a valid issue that people need to be told about.
            If you are a racist, you will vote BNP. And we probably have enough racists in this country to make a lot of BNP members racists.

But they wield little influence on the party's official political stance, regardless what you conspiracy theorists like to claim.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• That's what they want the electorate to believe so they can try and get some votes from people who would otherwise never vote for them.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Exactly- that's the theory.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• So you agree that their official stance is a total sham?
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• No, I said what you think is the left-liberal conspiracy theory of the BNP. Of course until they're elected somewhere we'll not know.
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• So Michael Howard is a left-liberal?
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• No, he's just an idiot who'll never get the Tories elected. It's partly because we don't have a right-wing party tough on immigration and crime that the BNP has risen so strongly in some areas.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Do you actually remember Michael Howard's stint as home secretary?
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• How is that relevant?
                            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• You seemed to be suggesting the major parties (ie including his Tories) weren't 'tough on crime'.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• I also think he lack principles - which means his past actions are no indicator of his opportunistic future ones.
                                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                                X