No announcement yet.

checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh there are some in the general population. Remember, Poly is a wierd place, existing beyond time and space, and basically has no relation to the real world in any way, shape, or form .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm sure there's at least one in an electorate of 160 million.

What I'm saying is that I don't think there are that many of them...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• I think you'd be surprised, especially in dealing with some of the people who were really struck by 9/11.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Possibly, but I don't think Sept. 11 has had that effect on Gore voters...whereas there seems to be a real demographic of people steamed as all hell at Bush who voted for him last time.

Especially as the confidence level of people in Bush's ability to handle WoT related issues is at an all-time low...

If you'd spoken to me at any time prior to April 2003 my opinion would have been quite different. I thought Bush was unbeatable then.
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Since then he's imploded on basically all issues save economic ones, and even those are not terribly impressive (in terms of poll numbers; I'm not providing an opinion on actual job performance)
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Hi Theben, we often "debated" on opposite sides if I remember correctly. I don't think I've seen you on these boards in 5 some odd years. Good to see you're still alive.

OK so Park Avenue is Spink? Sure I remember Spink. Loved his Civ II mods site. This is going back 8 years now

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Dornan
                Ah redjon my old pal. Was just checking my old PMs and my 2nd to oldest PM was you warning me about Giancarlo. How have you been? From the looks of your pic you've grown into a handsome young man
                Thanks

I've been at uni, but I'm stuck in Eastbourne right now. I didn't have my own internet connection for almost a year!

So now I do I'm back at poly of course

Ming, where's my welcome back?!

Comment

• This thread hasn't had enough uses of the word 'Eurocom'.
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

• Originally posted by red_jon
                    Ming, where's my welcome back?!
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben
                      He's more than just those... he'd remember him best as Stewart.
                      Let's not forget the embarrassment that was "Dookie".

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming

I love you too.

Comment

• OK so Park Avenue is Spink? Sure I remember Spink. Loved his Civ II mods site. This is going back 8 years now
                          More like 5 or 6 years
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT

Let's not forget the embarrassment that was "Dookie".
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'm absolutely obliged to post in this thread. Given that I can actually remember Bob's name .
                              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Jon you just returned as well? Great to see. Stay safe

STEFU OMFG I remember you! You were always sweet and happy. Still that way? Or did the world ruin your idealistic and youthful spirit?

Hi Solver. What an intellectual you are.
                                Last edited by History049; July 12, 2004, 18:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X