No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football - 2nd League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All righty! I'm on, and my team (The Priapic Love Wow) has er, just two people in the preference list.
    Can someone go over how it will operate please?
    If I pick three QBs on my preference list, and manage to get the first or second, then will I automatically put the third on the bench, or will he be dropped from the roster straight off. I doubt that I'll be able to make the draft, so I'll have to leave my list with someone. When were you hoping to have the draft? Not soon, because it will take me a while to choose enough players and back-ups in case I don't get my first- or second choice in different positions.

Comment

This is a short explanation of how it works.

We will be drafting on Poly. The commish will manually enter your draft picks that you make here.
      The draft order will be posted here once everyone's in, but let's make it simple. Suppose there are only three players: Stuie, Sloth, and you, and that they draft in that order.
      This means that in the first round, Stuie will go first, Sloth second, and you third. However, the draft is a snaking draft, so in the second round, you'll pick first, Sloth second, and Stuie third.
      The order is Stuie-Sloth-DoY in every odd round, and DoY-Sloth-Stuie in every even round in this example.

Comment

how many guys you have? let me know if you need another to fill out the league. I can do two.

Comment

The short-list you send to the commish in case you can't be online to draft works this way:

Suppose your list was: 1) Priest Holmes, 2) LaDainian Tomlinson,3) Clinton Portis, and 4) Deuce McAllister.
          If Stuie picked LT and Sloth picked Holmes, then your first round pick would be Portis and second round pick McAllister (since you pick first in the second round in the example draft).

Don't worry too much about it though, you'll have 12-24 hours to submit your pick before you're BAPAY'ed.

Comment

Yeah, but like Sloth, I won't be here this weekend. So the 12-24 hours had better start sometime next week.

Comment

The league isn't full yet, so there's no problem this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                I have no idea how the NFL style of fantasy league works, but I know a thing or two about the game, and have a friend who plays for Yorkshire so I can ask him if I need some recommendations when it comes to picking the last players in the team.
                You can always ask myself or any of the other people in the other league. I'm not even thinking of joining this one because I'm in 5 leagues as it is, so I'd be more than happy to help

Comment

3) Clinton Portis
                  Why on earth would you pick Portis 3rd? He's a product of a great O-Line and of a great O Line coach

Comment

Uh, I think it was an example...
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think it also comes down to a matter of opinion.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I still need people to post if they are joining, I have 3 who didn't make it in to the first league and maybe 3 more. That leaves 4-6 spots so let us know if you want in...

Comment

So far we have:

Sloth
                          Stuie
                          Duke
                          Zopperoni
                          Berzerker
                          Imran
                          JR Rabbit
                          Dissident

That's 8, so we have 2-4 open spots

Comment

Recruitment bump.
                            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

We can go with 8 but I'd like 10 or 12. Where are you Slow? We need more people, ask around... Early this week I'll PM the info to those who've expressed interest...

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                                X