No announcement yet.

Interview on Thursday !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh no, I'm not limiting myself to booze. That would be unberserkerly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
      Alcohol is the answer!
      What's the question?
      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• How did the interview go?

Comment

• "How did the interview go?"

Quite well I thought, though I might have stumbled and waffled on a couple of questions.

I think I did really well at one point wrt how I'd deal with a pressure situation.

He asked me, if I had two clients, and it was a Friday, and they both wanted something done, what would I do.

i) I stated I would try to assess which one was more urgent and try to deal with that one first.

ii) He came back and said they are both urgent. What would I do. I said I'd work especially hard and put in an extra hour or two if necessary.

iii) He came back and said there's no way I would be able to get both their demands done even if I worked extra. So I said I would then talk to my boss and ask if any colleagues could assist me for a few hours dealing with the two firms' demands.

iv) He said the boss is away. What would I do? At this point I confidently smiled and said "these are difficult questions" and said I would phone the firms and assess whether indeed the work was urgent.

v) He came back and said yes, the work is urgent for both firms, what would I do. I basically said I'd have to pick the firm who is the most valued or high-value customer and deal with their demands first and offer the "less important" firm/customer an apology, an explanation of what went wrong, and that they could speak to my boss when he returns.

Seemed to be a real good answer I thought at the time. Could tell they were impressed anyway..
          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• So how goes the war/ jobhunt? Got any scathing rejections yet?

I just found a job that asks simply for a 2:1 in my chosen field, a year of (industrial) placement, which I have, and it pays £30,000+. I didn't think microbiologists got that kind of pay ever, let alone right off the mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Park Avenue Seemed to be a real good answer I thought at the time. Could tell they were impressed anyway..
              Yep. I think you did well. It's one of those "no right answer" questions.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

• A lot better than blow off work early because it's Friday, and I generally screen all my calls near the end of the week.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• Or "Friday afternoon? You divert calls to the pub?"
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

• The thought did cross my mind.."what, an extra hour or two on a Friday, no way", but never mind, second interview on Wednesday..incorporation a mathematical assessment

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

• Getting a second interview means you're in the driver's seat, PA.

Way to go!
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Both interviews I've been for have invited me back

www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                        X