Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill O'Reilly sez you're unpatriotic if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious
    What is legitimate is really just a matter of political opinion then.

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker
      Ouch! They need to update those books
      Not quite update... they knew what they were putting in there was incorrect

Comment

• Berz has lost the argument.

He's resorted to replying to almost every single sentence with vague irrelevancies.

Nice try.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• jesus christ berz, that was a long ass post
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Read it, Sava. Most of it is completely meaningless.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker

Is morality supernatural? Morality is the basis for rights, they are moral claims to act... Some people don't believe in inherent rights but do believe they should be created by society, that's neither a material object or supernatural...
              That's precisely the point. If we by morality understand a societal code of conduct, it's not supernatural. If we consider it to be an absolute set of rules existing independently of material consequences, to borrow Aggie's phrase, it's supernatural.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Berz:
                It's amazingly natural, well, the amazing part is you think it's bizarre. Self-ownership is hard-wired into us and we can see it with acts of self-defense and survival.

I too, do not see anything inherently bizarre with the idea.

I do note, however, that among 200+ countries on the planet, not one recognizes full legal ownership of your body. Nonetheless, no-one seems to be upset. This would require some explanation if the belief in self-ownership is hard-wired into us ...
                Last edited by Last Conformist; July 2, 2004, 19:08.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                X