spiderman 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spiderman 2

it was cool I thought, although sappy (and maybe a little too heavy on a few things also (like spending too much time with them))

a couple of my freinds didn't like the movie because of those elements, but I thoguht that it was fun

the physics was wild, and I had to purposefuly ignore that part (and the part with where he is in physics class with a bunch of girls)

I am pretty sure that I know who the villain of the next one will be, but who I really want to see is Venom (from what a freind told me about the comic strips, I never read comics so I don't know anything other than the movies)

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

If it is twice as good as the original, it will rise to the level of mediocrity. That first movie was bad - and by that I mean horrible. Bad script, bad F/X, bad acting, bad costumes. Just bad, bad, bad. The sort of movie that was so bad, I actually rented it twice just to show my wife how bad it was.

Again, if this movie is as twice as good, it will raise to the level of mediocrity.

Comment

I sure hope it's better than the first one...
      I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't a great movie either... it was just one of those standard movies...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Here's an entertaining Straight Dope thread about physics and Spiderman:

A question about g-forces and Spiderman's supersphincter

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
          I sure hope it's better than the first one...
          I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't a great movie either... it was just one of those standard movies...
          Naw, it was laughably bad.

Comment

Did you like the Spider-man comics? Or the cartoons?
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Yeah, I agree, the Spidermen movie's are bad. I don't even have to watch Spiderman 2, I can tell from the trailers that it is bad.

But I am confused, because from all the stir in the media around the Spiderman movies, they make it out to be really good? It's as if Matrix 1 had just been released for the first time and everyones going nuts over it. I just don't understand that.

Anyway, Superman 1 and Batman 1 were classics. Those two movies show you how to make a hero-movie.

Let's just hope the upcoming Batman 5 is as good as those classic and certainly Superman 5 aswell.
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Did you like the Spider-man comics? Or the cartoons?
                Never been much of a comic fan, and the cartoons that I remember are the cheezy 70's era cartoons (which I enjoyed when I was 8)... the one's with the theme song that goes

"Spiderman, Spiderman. Does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, sweet surprise. Catches thieves just like flies. Look out! Here comes the Spiderman."

I always wondered how he was flying over the buildings, however...

Comment

It's gotten GREAT reviews. Rotten Tomatoes has it at 97% position with around 85 reviews in. The CNN.com reviewer called it the best Superhero movie since Superman 1 .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

We'll see.

Comment

I liked the first spiderman a lot. And so did most people, as it got very good reviews. I will see this one in a few days, after the hype dies down some.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Because a lot of people liked it doesn't make it a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                          Here's an entertaining Straight Dope thread about physics and Spiderman:

A question about g-forces and Spiderman's supersphincter
                          I personally have endured 3 to 4 Gs acceleration with no problem. 7+ would be another thing.
                          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Re: spiderman 2

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                            the physics was wild, and I had to purposefuly ignore that part (and the part with where he is in physics class with a bunch of girls)

I haven't seen the movie, but ignoring the female physics majors with whom I assume you are less familiar than I, there are always plenty pre-med students who have to take undergrad physics as a prereq for med school.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Because a lot of people liked it doesn't make it a good movie

Well in the end, it kinda does
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X