Happy Pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Pride

You know what, I still ****ing hate the idea of having a parade about a sexuality. It's equally as stupid as having a straight pride parade.

That said, I think it's extremely important that the civilized world celebrate the newfound freedoms and political gains that GLBT people of today can enjoy. We can never forget the pain and suffering our fore-bearers put up with, and the sacrifice of many to get us where we are today.

It's ridiculous to be "proud" to be gay. The pride comes from being happy for who you are, being able to accept it and live with it. Being able to live your life as it was given to you, and to enjoy it. It's about being proud for being your own person, despite the vocal discouragement and deeply-seeded rejection of being that person.

So Pride Week is for everyone out there who dares to be who they want to be. Who isn't a slave to the machine, who doesn't form their personality based upon the wishes of others, and who aims to really enjoy their life as best they can.

Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear
    And I can't help but ask myself how much
    I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
    It's driven me before, and it seems to have a vague,
    haunting mass appeal.
    But lately I'm beginning to find that I
    should be the one behind the wheel.

Whatever tomorrow brings,
    I'll be there with open arms and open eyes
    Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there..I'll be there.

So, if I decide to waiver my chance to be one of the hive
    Will I choose water over wine and hold my own and drive?

It's driven me before and it seems to be the way
    that everyone else gets around.
    But lately I'm beginning to find that when
    I drive myself my light is found.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there...I'll be there.

Would you choose water over wine....hold the wheel and drive?

Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there..I'll be there.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Re: Happy Pride

Originally posted by Asher
    You know what, I still ****ing hate the idea of having a parade about a sexuality. It's equally as stupid as having a straight pride parade.

That said, I think it's extremely important that the civilized world celebrate the newfound freedoms and political gains that GLBT people of today can enjoy. We can never forget the pain and suffering our fore-bearers put up with, and the sacrifice of many to get us where we are today.

It's ridiculous to be "proud" to be gay. The pride comes from being happy for who you are, being able to accept it and live with it. Being able to live your life as it was given to you, and to enjoy it. It's about being proud for being your own person, despite the vocal discouragement and deeply-seeded rejection of being that person.
    Thank you. People who ask me about it never understand this. I've no more pride in being gay than I do being white. It's rediculous and pointless. Don't be prideful, just be.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

here's to celebrating the gay-ghetto imposed stereotypes

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's always amazing to me that people don't understand how diverse the gay "lifestyle" really is.

Hell, I know one guy who refuses to have any kind of sexual contact with a man until they get married.
        Then I also know another guy who equates sex with a handshake.

Most people fall comfortably inbetween. Like...well...most straight people.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Is it pride week already? time to sell pills to transvestites by the boatload

Comment

I understand that some men are feminine or insanely butch because that is part of who they really are.

But I have a problem with when the pressure of certain gay-ghetto sub-cultures causes others to submit to living a stereotype in order to be accepted.

Comment

If you have to be false to be accepted by their group, is it really worthwhile being in their group?
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I fail to see how a desire to see full human rights extended to everyone ought to involve a parade with scantily clad marching boys and flagellation (or maybe that's just the NZ one).

Do they have ****s on Bikes in the Toronto one?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Then I also know another guy who equates sex with a handshake.

Was he on drugs when he said this?
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He didn't say it, it's just observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      If you have to be false to be accepted by their group, is it really worthwhile being in their group?
                      NO -- it's not worth it.

Comment

The only gay people that hang around me are my BF and dead people.......
                        "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                          The only gay people that hang around me are my BF and dead people.......

You realize that someone less sensitive to your situation than others might take this up for sig material.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                            I fail to see how a desire to see full human rights extended to everyone ought to involve a parade with scantily clad marching boys and flagellation (or maybe that's just the NZ one).

Do they have ****s on Bikes in the Toronto one?
                            ****s on Bikes are a worldwide phenomenon (or at least trying to be one). We even had them here in Knoxville during last year's GP, er, HP parade.

Comment

Are these your local DOB organization, Agathon?

Comment

Working...
                              X