Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arrian
    Oooh, good one. I liked Payback.

If you want to delve into B-movie stuff, go for some Steven Seagal movies. What's the one on the Battleship w/the girl in the cake?

-Arrian
    Undersiege 1, 2 was pretty awesome as well.

Comment

Undersiege, right, that's it. Tommy Lee Jones does a pretty good "psycho bad guy" in that one.

How about Risky Business?

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Gods and Generals

U157

We Were Soldiers

Windtalkers
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Gods and Generals was unwatchable. Absolutely AWFUL.

U571 was even worse.

Animal House
          PCU

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Billy Madison
            Happy Gilmore
            Tin Cup (Bull Durham for golf)

-Arrian

Comment

Undercover Brother

Porky's and Porky's 2

M*A*S*H

Scarface

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Nearly any movie with Samuel L. Jackson. Just to hear him say Muther****er.

This includes the Long Kiss Goodnight.

-Arrian

Comment

Wait... Tuberski claims that QT sucks but then proposes Porky's? Porky's 2?? Undercover Brother???

ACK!
                  Last edited by JohnT; June 11, 2004, 11:36.

Comment

And so it finally begins. I'm surprised it took us nearly two full pages.

-Arrian

Comment

I've co-moderated a monthly film discussion group here in Knoxville for over four years now... arguing about the movies is as natural to me as making snide political remarks is to the rest of the OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        Gods and Generals was unwatchable. Absolutely AWFUL.

U571 was even worse.

And as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Last man standing...
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I still think he oughtta see "The Cook...". It's a shockingly hysterical film about a woman who hates her husband, a restaurant owner, and has an affair with one of the regular patrons. Bizarrely, many have seen in this film a political screed against the Thatcher administration, but after having seen it 3 times, I still don't get that one. Whatever your inclinations... this is a movie that you will definitely remember.

"I think those Ethiopians just like to starve!"

Comment

My opinion on movies has been discredited here on 'poly ever since I said I liked...uh, can't remember what it was. Anyway

The Usual Suspects - havent seen it, will rent it tomorrow
                              What the heck!!! Rent it now!

"We can put you in Queens the night of the robbery"
                              "Oh yeah, I live in Queens!"

Love it

Gods and Generals was good, but I don't know about Guy Movie status. To religious, but a good doc on Jackson.

Predator, of course... It also has 2 future governors in it

People should be returning The Longest Day by now, and anything with John Wayne in it is a definite guy movie. Well, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance might not be exactly, but anything with Wayne and Jimmy Stewart gets my vote

Another typical guy movie is Police Academy, all 5 billion of them... Why? Because I haven't met a girl who likes them.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Oh, also the Longest Yard or, if your into soccer Mean Machine... same story, though the American version is 10x better, especially since it has Burt Reynolds... For that matter get any of his Cannon Ball Runs or also those Bandit movies
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X