NY Times Admits it Lied to Help Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lord of the mark
    Again you are making the same mistake Che does, assuming that liberal = pro-Clinton. The NYT was NOT like Salon, assuming that if the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy disliked Clinton, Clinton must be a liberal hero. The Times dislike for Clinton no more shows the NYT as 'right' or center than the Guardian's dislike for Blair shows the Guardian to be 'right' or center. For Howell Raines, Clinton was a BETRAYER of liberalism, and this hit all the harder because Raines is himself a Southern liberal. Raines war on Clinton was motivated by hatred for his DLC third wayism. Note that Clinton was defended by the third wayish Washington Post.
    Which is only proof that you put right-wingers at the helm of your "lefty" party, leaving no other choice to Republicans but to turn further to right-wing nutcases
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Four pages of serious discussion. My trolls are different from others. I lay mine to get serious discussions going, not to make fools of anyone (except maybe myself). I like the contributions DanS and LotM have made. This is an excellent disucssion on media in America (and from EET, Britain).
      Your trolls are like anyone else's, you actively participate in the thread to fan the fires. A true troll of wizardry would ensure other people provide controversial comments and would be seen as above the fray.

You need management skills to be a good troll, and you don't have those. (that's why you got sacked)
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• 2/10

Comment

• Very cool. Now I just wish that other papers out there would admit to their mistakes.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Good troll Che.

This article blatantly is yet another left attempt to coerce admission of guilt and/or apology from the President. NYT impliciitly states "Listen we're man enough to say we were wrong and didn't check our facts......" The unstated of course is "If we can do it why can't the President?"

Bahhh. Who gives a f*ck.

bush can do no wrong, eh? and the left is always wrong?

you're either Right, or wrong. (badump-bump-ching!)
            B♭3

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibsie
              2/10
              My troll or Che's troll?
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaShi
                Very cool. Now I just wish that other papers out there would admit to their mistakes.
                yeah, and I'd like to see the Bush admin admit mistakes! oh wait, they don't think they've made any. Arrogant ****wads
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colon

My troll or Che's troll?
                  Yours, it was dreadful (On purpose I imagine)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibsie

Yours, it was dreadful (On purpose I imagine)
                    Why is that? I think 2/10 is pretty decent.

Comment

• Ah, I'm not the kind of spammer who just posts "0.randomnumberofzeros1". My ratings mean something.

Comment

• Oh I see.

What do you think of the EU translation thread then? Don't you think it's pretty neat how I launched that discussion there?

Comment

• Oh crap, it has already fallen to page 2. Maybe I haven't done such a good job after all.

Besides, that wasn't a troll, that was genuine advice. I just added a joke at the end of, which sort of makes it look like one.

Comment

• Whilst I may seem omnipresent at times, I think I missed that one....

Comment

• Oh well. The discussion isn't that good actually, but I still think it's nice how they got into a debate while the starting point was pretty mundane and while I hardly said a word in there.

Comment

• Oooh, it's back on top! I hope they'll move to debating about the European Defence Initiative and then the transatlantic relations or the constitution.

Comment

Working...
                                X